Wanted Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico; 1978 FJ40 OEM Rollbar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a OEM 1978 FJ40 rollbar in good condition , preferably with cushions and any other hardware. Tom (928)308-7330

There is on listed on Las cruces Craigslist. Silver City I think. Not mine. Might check it out. Been listed for quite a while.

Just did a quick search of the Las Cruces CL. That one appears to be a 77 to early 78. Has the sharp radius on the back pieces to allow excess to the vent window handle. It does not have the bracket to mount the lower part of these point seat belts.

There is on listed on Las cruces Craigslist. Silver City I think. Not mine. Might check it out. Been listed for quite a while.
Thanks but could not find it.

Just did a quick search of the Las Cruces CL. That one appears to be a 77 to early 78. Has the sharp radius on the back pieces to allow excess to the vent window handle. It does not have the bracket to mount the lower part of these point seat belts.
Thanks for that John. I am looking for a ‘78 with the seatbelt tabs. I think they came later in ‘78

Pretty sure the rollbars were interchangeable as far as how they mounted to the tub between ‘76-78.

Pretty sure the rollbars were interchangeable as far as how they mounted to the tub between ‘76-78.

As far as I know the footprint was the same for all roll bars 9/73-9/83. 2/78 shows the change in the roll bar. Only difference I know from 1/79 on was paint gray instead of black. But 1/79 added a pad to cover the area where the sides and main pipe meet.

Net sure if can see the back of the pad in these pictures. Can get you better picture of these pad next week.
IMG_20190822_190135850.jpg

IMG_20190822_190011688.jpg

As far as I know the footprint was the same for all roll bars 9/73-9/83. 2/78 shows the change in the roll bar. Only difference I know from 1/79 on was paint gray instead of black. But 1/79 added a pad to cover the area where the sides and main pipe meet.

Net sure if can see the back of the pad in these pictures. Can get you better picture of these pad next week.
View attachment 2633095
View attachment 2633100
Thanks for this John👍

Bump

Found one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom