Arizona Jeff's 81 Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up this 81 long bed. It's in good shape and I'm looking forward to smiling every time I drive her. I'll be starting a page in the tech forum shortly. Weekend driver. Anyone on here have any experience with adding A/C to these rigs? Figured I'd reach out here first and see if anyone has the setup in their bone yard. Cheers!

1644882021563.png
1644882403533.png

Sweet truck! I’ve been planning AC for my 83. I got most of the parts from a donor truck in Tucson. Everything bolts right in. But honestly after refurbishing the evap box and a bunch of other work, I’m starting to think a new system from Old Air (or similar) might be the better route to go with. Most of the original parts are NLA and my understanding is the stock (dealer installed) system was not really all that effective, however I don’t really have experience with one that was operational.

Ps … I have a bunch of 22r parts leftover I’ve been selling off slowly (I’m installing a 3rz) so if you want / need anything, shoot a message.

That’s a super clean truck. Congrats!!!

Sweet truck! I’ve been planning AC for my 83. I got most of the parts from a donor truck in Tucson. Everything bolts right in. But honestly after refurbishing the evap box and a bunch of other work, I’m starting to think a new system from Old Air (or similar) might be the better route to go with. Most of the original parts are NLA and my understanding is the stock (dealer installed) system was not really all that effective, however I don’t really have experience with one that was operational.

Ps … I have a bunch of 22r parts leftover I’ve been selling off slowly (I’m installing a 3rz) so if you want / need anything, shoot a message.
Good to know. Thanks!

Just picked up this 81 long bed. It's in good shape and I'm looking forward to smiling every time I drive her. I'll be starting a page in the tech forum shortly. Weekend driver. Anyone on here have any experience with adding A/C to these rigs? Figured I'd reach out here first and see if anyone has the setup in their bone yard. Cheers!

View attachment 2925155View attachment 2925162
My brother had one of those. Rad truck. Congrats!

Nice truck. I know you didn't want blue / blue so glad you got what you wanted. Looks great. Is it at your house yet?

The seller has a Copper State Cruiser sticker in his garage (pic 82 on BaT page) whodat?

If you have the power steering parts Im interested, my 82 has everything but that lmk

Nice truck. I know you didn't want blue / blue so glad you got what you wanted. Looks great. Is it at your house yet?
Yes picked it up yesterday. Keeping it at my shop I'll drive it to your place sometime this week so you can have a looksee.

I know it's very similar to installing A/C in the 1st gen 4Runner's and later 80's pickups. Here's a thread I did when I installed A/C into my 87.

You'd need to find a parts truck with everything you need, can't imagine finding these parts is very easy nowadays especially for the 79-83's.

I know it's very similar to installing A/C in the 1st gen 4Runner's and later 80's pickups. Here's a thread I did when I installed A/C into my 87.

You'd need to find a parts truck with everything you need, can't imagine finding these parts is very easy nowadays especially for the 79-83's.
Sweet. Thanks!

Got a chance to see this magnificent rig in person Saturday. Jeff came by to see my pickup and I got the privilege of checking out his new purchase. That tan/brown interior with the white paint and the grey accent stripes really sets it off. That bucket bench seat is really cool too. Awesome score!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom