Arizona Classifieds / For Sale / Wanted (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey fellas looking for a little local guidance here. I have a Cruiser that I picked up in Durango last year. I believe I'm the third owner, second owner had only for one year. It's a 1996 FZJ80 red with tan interior no lockers. They key is that it has 105K miles. I've only driven it 3K miles in the last year or so but it seems really solid. Newish tires about 2yrs old that I took off my other 80. Interior is pretty flawless. Exterior is all original paint as far as I can tell. Has some shopping cart dings the worst one is on right rear corner if you can see in the pictures. Desireable red color Murph told me it's his favorite. No leaks I can see. Aftermarket radio with bluetooth, etc. If I were to sell a truck like this what price point should I start at? It would seem that the low mileage is the key and more than makes up for the lack of lockers. I have an Autocheck for it that I pulled at time of purchase that shows lots of dealer service, the same title registration since 1996 until July of 2016 when second owner got it. Also no accidents, hail etc. The range for this truck on Autocheck is 44-67 and the score for this one is 78. Just looking for some honest advice, have not totally decided to sell it.

801.jpg

802.jpg

803.jpg

804.jpg

805.jpg

BTW it's filthy in these pics which I took this morning while I was at my storage facility. thanks again for whatever insight you guys can give me.

You will get plenty of perspectives on this, so here's mine.

With that low of mileage, you might consider the Ebay route for potential funny money. You would need to invest just a bit to clean her up and make sure you could be confident about service condition. But 105K is low enough miles to reach a specialty market of buyers who don't mind "overpaying".

For MUD or non-ebay path, I would say need more pics to narrow it. If no rust, original paint and clear coat nice and shiney, and the worst of the blemishes is the rear quarter scrape, I'd guess you could get $9K to $12K, which is more than the $7200 you paid for it :) :cool:

thanks bud for the response. Wish I'd got it for 7200 though!

Nice find, I hope you get a bunch of cash! I agree with John, eBay is where you will get the most money for it. Get very detained about description of work, lots of photos, and get that scape/dent repaired. Do all that, and assuming the interior is excellent and not just excellent for its age, then I think you're talking in the $20k market.

Where is was for all those years play into the price. If it's been somewhere they use salt for all those years would probably pass. We're spoiled in AZ. Hate working on a vehicle and toughest part of a protect is breaking rusted nuts and bolts loose. I'm with Murf I like the red but here in the desert most seem to like a lighter color. Particularly those who have to park outside.

Samtoddlee, I'd suggest posting up some pictures of the under carriage and front seats plus the engine bay. This will help answer your questions. Certainly looks like a nice vehicle and potentially good history behind it.

Where is was for all those years play into the price. If it's been somewhere they use salt for all those years would probably pass. We're spoiled in AZ. Hate working on a vehicle and toughest part of a protect is breaking rusted nuts and bolts loose. I'm with Murf I like the red but here in the desert most seem to like a lighter color. Particularly those who have to park outside.
As to location since new ... it's been in Durango, in Southwestern Colorado, for its whole life per the Auto Check. I think of that as the DRYER part of Colorado, though all places are wet compared to the Valley. Bought new in Farmington, NM, which may have been the closest dealership back then 21 years ago. I've had bad experiences going the Ebay route though. Think I'd much rather it go to a club member or at least someone local. I'll post some more pics as you suggest.

*Unicorn*

I agree for sure on Ebay. Some rust belt guy that's been looking for years for that low mile rust free cruiser may surprise you with what you get. I would say 15K or more due to the low mileage. yes on many good quality pictures showing everything! Documents like carfax, maint records, etc help too. spend the time and market it as best you can.

I know a guy who buys/fixes/sells FJ60 & FJ62s. With all factors being the same except mileage, 160 K rigs bring 15-16K but the same condition rig with 100K will bring $21-22K. There is some serious real and perceived value in the Ebay market when it comes to mileage.

Just talking to Medtro today and we agreed, low mile clean 80's are becoming quite rare. The age range of the 80's is getting to where the majority of them are well past their prime and high mileage.

POst up a link when you do it so we can watch the bidding - lol

(nice maroon by the way :cool:)

As to location since new ... it's been in Durango, in Southwestern Colorado, for its whole life per the Auto Check. I think of that as the DRYER part of Colorado, though all places are wet compared to the Valley. Bought new in Farmington, NM, which may have been the closest dealership back then 21 years ago. I've had bad experiences going the Ebay route though. Think I'd much rather it go to a club member or at least someone local. I'll post some more pics as you suggest.

Good chance it will cost you $5k or more by limitting your audience as you're saying. There's nothing wrong with eBay, it's really just a national craigslist, bigger pool means more idiots, but not a higher percentage of idiots. GLWS

1994 FZJ80 with factory E-lockers, 125k miles, no rust was sold for close to $9000 in less than 1 day last week in Phoenix metro. I believe you can get more if you are willing to wait for the right buyer. I also think that EBay can bring you more buyers with more $. You just need ONE buyer who really want a low miles 80 with ODB2.

For Sale:

80 series window run f/r set, NIB, OEM: $150 (Otter)
80 series OEM, NIB washable air filter: $20
80 series used front control arms from a ,97: $75
1FZFE OEM head gasket: $50
1FZFE used intake manifold with throttle body, associated sensors, etc: $220
80 series front driver door glass $25
LR Discovery cupholder: perfect for an 80. Black, used $10

Tacoma/4Runner OEM (all except abs ring) rear wheel bearing/seal set with ABS ring and new bearing spacers x2: $40

Everything is in Flagstaff.

IMG_20170503_192946674.jpg

Last edited:
helping an elderly friend sell their 21K mile 2012 Limited Rav4 . before it goes to CL, we want to run it past the group. Club price would be lower - make an offer. KBB in excellent condition with these options is $ 18,100. have all printouts if interested.

2012 Toyota Limited Rav4 ; only 21k miles

Exceptional condition on this low mile Limited Rav4. Includes power sunroof, power heated leather seats, push button start, back up camera, auto dim mirror, more. Brand new set of tires just installed. No scratches, dings, or dents. This car has been babied! Powerful but efficient 4 cylinder with Automatic transmission. All services performed at Toyota dealers and is all up to date on the services.

This is one of the cleanest, lowest mile, well taken care of Rav4’s around. Never any accidents. Clean and clear title, clean CarFax, service records and Toyota build sheet available. Non smoker, always garaged, Only 21,000 miles

Asking $17850 OBO.

**this is a stock photo (not actual) found on the interwebs that reflects the same color and limited options like the 80-like fender flares. it does NOT have a front license plate or holes in the bumper** Will try to post up actual pictures later.

KBB shows value for this vehicle in this condition/features/mileage at over $18K. She wants to get it over with and will take $15,600 firm CSC price. these are the actual pics
R3.jpg
R9.jpg
R6.jpg
ll.jpg
lll.jpg

I could not come close to the excellent condition on KBB. Is that dealer resale price?

It is run under Private Party pricing because this is a private party sale and has nothing to do with the dealership.
When I run it I use these options: try this on KBB and add these to the existing checkmarks that already populate.

Private party Value
Limited Sport Utility
click and Add these options

Options:
4 Cyl, Auto, 2WD
interior:
Heated seats, leather
Exterior:
Backup Camera, Daytime running lights, moon Roof
Packages:
Premium Package

Excellent condition: I Come up with $17,532. not sure where she got 18K but heck, still a good value 2K under KBB AND that doesn't take into consideration 4 brand new Goodyear tires - just sayin'

For Sale
1997 Collectors Edition FJ80 Land Cruiser
253,000 miles
Good Condition
no lockers
Very mechanically sound
Recent services performed:
Brakes replaced
Rotors replaced
Radiator, Hoses (3), & AVP assembly replaced
Alternator Belts replaced
Air Conditioner Belt replaced
Air Conditioner Schrader Valves replaced
Air Conditioner System Recharged
Double Belt Idler Pulley & A/C Idler Pulley replaced
Power Steering Hoses replaced
Spark Plugs & Wires, Cap & Rotor replaced
Transmission Pan replaced
Transmission Fluid replaced
4WD Service performed
Recent Additions:
Old Man Emu Suspension Lift
New Tires - 315/75/16 BFG All Terrain TA KO2
Windows Tinted
Roof Rack - full length Trail Tailor Expo Rack
Interior Dome & Door Lights Replaced with LED
WeatherTech Floor Mats throughout
Solid vehicle.
$8,450
Here's the craigslist post for pics:
phoenix | manage posting
Now that i have a company car, I have too many vehicles in the driveway. Gonna sell the 80 & wife's RX350 to combine for one towing daily driver for the wife.

For Sale
1997 Collectors Edition FJ80 Land Cruiser
253,000 miles
Good Condition
no lockers
Very mechanically sound
Recent services performed:
Brakes replaced
Rotors replaced
Radiator, Hoses (3), & AVP assembly replaced
Alternator Belts replaced
Air Conditioner Belt replaced
Air Conditioner Schrader Valves replaced
Air Conditioner System Recharged
Double Belt Idler Pulley & A/C Idler Pulley replaced
Power Steering Hoses replaced
Spark Plugs & Wires, Cap & Rotor replaced
Transmission Pan replaced
Transmission Fluid replaced
4WD Service performed
Recent Additions:
Old Man Emu Suspension Lift
New Tires - 315/75/16 BFG All Terrain TA KO2
Windows Tinted
Roof Rack - full length Trail Tailor Expo Rack
Interior Dome & Door Lights Replaced with LED
WeatherTech Floor Mats throughout
Solid vehicle.
$8,450
Here's the craigslist post for pics:
phoenix | manage posting
Now that i have a company car, I have too many vehicles in the driveway. Gonna sell the 80 & wife's RX350 to combine for one towing daily driver for the wife.

You might want to edit that CL link above, that is YOUR key to YOUR CL ad.

You might want to edit that CL link above, that is YOUR key to YOUR CL ad.

Not the type who would try and mess with someone but it at least shows you need to log in not log out. Still better to just delete the link and add a new link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom