Arizona 1 owner 72 clean FJ55 air (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sledge916

Media Partner
Threads
Website
www.adventuredriven.com
Well here is the Pig I was going to build and I just do not have the time. I bought this here in Flagstaff from the original owner, thats right a one owner.

1972 fj55 dealer installed factory air , original paint, never painted, I just ran a buffer over it and it shined up great! 79000 mile cruiser from the original owner, thats right a 1 owner, she bought it here in Flagstaff in 1972, she drove it daily up until 1995 when she bought her new Subaru, she then put it in storage mode until I bought it ,the DMV let me keep the origanal title as a keep sake , she put in a new battery and I drove it home, she gave me all her service records and booklets she got when she bought it new.The tank was full so I drained it, what a mess, any way put new gas in, changed coolant, oil, belt, hoses, air filter, I spent a day washing the inside, she cleaned up real nice. I adjusted the valves and tourqed the head, I changed all 90 weight. She is for the most part rust free, there is some surface rust on roof and floor, none of it is a problem, lower front fenders are clean as well as drip rail. Starts right up and runs real good!
This is the cleanest pig I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!

I also have the factory wheels, it has the origanal spare too. Rear window works, I put in new gear.

It drives down the road as good as my fj80, no kidden, It needs new tires as these have flat spots and shake.

The rear window works fine with key but not dash switch, all other switchs work fine. Heater workd great, front and rear.

Let me know what other pics you need,

Sethro

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01050.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

DSC01047.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01040.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

DSC01038-1.jpg

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

Last edited:
I have some PM's asking to show the worst rust on the truck, the floor is the worst but the metal is still strong and is not roted through @ all and is very solid, I see that none of the metal needs replacing on the floor, I think it just needs to be cleaned up and sealed with POR or something like that.

here are some frame shots too

Sethro

DSC01078.jpg

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01076.jpg

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01070.jpg

That is a great looking truck. I would love to have a stock 55.

Thanks for the hope.

Ryan.

thanks 4 sayin, It is a sweethart 4 sure

Sethro

I think that may also be the cleanest pig I've seen... Hard to say without seeing it in person... but I LOVE that sage green color. I think I would rather have this one than the red one in $pecter's showroom. (can't afford anything close to either, but glad i got to see some pics) Someone got a real clean piece of pork!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom