Ariel location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dave 2000

Not all Land Rovers are useless!
Threads
Hi all, just need an answer to those with LHD 80's, sitting in the drivers seat is your OE Ariel or antenna on the left or right wing or fender as it is called in the US?

And as an asides, anyone had any luck with a small roof mounted antenna's that actually work, just in case I do weld up the hole when the 80 is painted?

EDIT: It has just occurred to me (yeh I know) that ariels from across the pond and those here in Europe are on the right hand wing or fender, so it is unlikely they would fit anyway?

Many thanks.

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
Exactly like @bigredmachine says.
With regard to roof mounted options are you still meaning for FM radio? Something like the shark fin options that some vehicles have?

Sorry for late reply, I only found this reply by chance.

I found my OE radio ariel mounted on the L/H from wing not only had a broken mast, but I found the bottom of it (after taking the wing off) off had rusted away! I was looking for a complete ariel, I was wondering if one from a LHD vehicle would fit as it may be mounted on the opposite side to mine. Being pretty brain dead I recently suddenly remembered I live in a LHD vehicle country.......trust me I am still taking the pills. 😂

So ignore my post.

Thanks for the replies anyway.

Regards

Dave

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom