Are Wix filter OK? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got done crawlin around on the ground changin the oil/filter on my new to me LC. Used Mobil 1 5w30 plan to run it for 7500 miles and I used a Wix filter. Normally always use Toyota filters and have heard good things about Wix. Since the Toyota filter was 80 miles away I went with Wix. Anybody see a problem with the Wix filter??

Wix invented the spin-on filter.

Wix and Napa Gold are the same. I use these all the time, whenver I do not have Toyota on hand.

I run em on all my cruisers, my Toyota parts guy runs them on his Toyota's

CruisinGA beat me to it:D

Wix invented the spin on filter. They make a very good filter.

The Mobile 1 filters are awesome, and you should use one if you are going to push the oil to 10,000 mi. I use the M209 filter, which is larger than the one specified for the 4.7 V8. It has the same specs but is larger.

Napa Gold- on every vehicle I have ever owned and will own! My suggestion is that if you work for a large corp., when you go to Napa ask if they have an acc't with Napa. It will save you a good bit of money! I just happened to wear my work shirt in and they asked if I wanted ;p the company price!

ff347 said:
Napa Gold- on every vehicle I have ever owned and will own! My suggestion is that if you work for a large corp., when you go to Napa ask if they have an acc't with Napa. It will save you a good bit of money! I just happened to wear my work shirt in and they asked if I wanted ;p the company price!

Send me your old shirt! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom