Are tires (e.g. BFG KO2) still usable after sitting completely flat for a day? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I installed a new set of BFG KO2s on my Hundy recently. But my aftermarket TPMS sensor kit has problem with the new tires, caused air leak and made one tire go completely flat for a day until I discovered the situation and pumped air in it. It's been another day and the tire seems to be holding up air fine. But generally speaking, are offroad tires like KO2 still usable for highway driving after sitting flat (with the entire truck's weight) for a day or two? Any potential damage to sidewall/bead? (I know we'd air them down before offroading, down to say 10psi on regular basis is fine, but sitting flat with truck's weight at 0psi can be very different from offroading at 10psi?)

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
Thanks for the peace of mind :) Out of curiosity, is it not a problem for regular car (sedan) tires as well in this type of situation?

Correct. As long as you haven't driven on the tire (rim/wheel will damage sidewall) then you should be fine. Most tires are reinforced sufficiently to withstand temporary deflation and the weight placed upon it by the rim. Just don't drive one for any distance if flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom