Are these original 7/70 FJ40 brake lines? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking at new brake lines on cruiser corp and I’m seeing conflicting dates and mine look more like the 71 and after…particularly lines that loop around. These are a 10mm wrench.
1DF41BBF-3B13-4258-8EEC-F915AD8C1CD7.jpeg

6D330BF8-F042-4E20-AF09-FCFCD85B29AF.jpeg

I’m not familiar with 70 lines, but those look pretty identical to my original 2/71 lines.

I have a 7/70 40,
They seem to be orig, however, I haven’t had the original lines in it for quite a while.

SOR lists 7/70 as the change, so as said, look at your build date.

So your LC and my LC US spec truck share the same build time 6/70. The lines look original as mine only has 35k miles since 1970 and appear to be the same (mine are 10mm).

The problem with the transition month (June/70) Toyota used parts from both up to June and 7/70+. I've got stuff that I am repeatedly told didn't come out till 7/70+ but there is no reason as to why a PO would have added it-no one would have added the later model parts i.e. 2-piece speedo cable with speed generator or 7/70+ hazard switch and plug. Hope this helps.

So your LC and my LC US spec truck share the same build time 6/70. The lines look original as mine only has 35k miles since 1970 and appear to be the same (mine are 10mm).

The problem with the transition month (June/70) Toyota used parts from both up to June and 7/70+. I've got stuff that I am repeatedly told didn't come out till 7/70+ but there is no reason as to why a PO would have added it-no one would have added the later model parts i.e. 2-piece speedo cable with speed generator or 7/70+ hazard switch and plug. Hope this helps.
Mine is actually July 70 maybe I misspoke earlier in the thread?

Helps a ton thank you

Went with the CC set and they look pretty good. Curious if you guys used your old brake line hangers or got new? Mine are still
Usable except for the rubber is coming off in part or completely on some. From what I’ve seen you can’t buy new any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom