Are these holes extra? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skreddy

SILVER Star
Threads
I took the top off my 71 to start bodywork and noticed these holes the whole way around the tub where the hard top sits. I believe the larger holes (green circles) are stock for soft top snaps? But thought the smaller holes (red circles) were something a PO likely did.

EA87D3B0-5F99-47F2-A30C-96CD0E360065.jpeg

The ones in the green circles very well could be OEM. Hard top model were made to except an OEM soft top and those holes were for the twists to secure the sides of the vinyl top to the tub.

Then FST models were made to bolt hard top sides. From the mid sixties until the later seventies both side were made to except the other style.

Thank you both! That’s what I needed to know. Time to get filling holes.

Toyota doesn’t charge extra for extra holes.

The ones in the green circles very well could be OEM. Hard top model were made to except an OEM soft top and those holes were for the twists to secure the sides of the vinyl top to the tub.

Then FST models were made to bolt hard top sides. From the mid sixties until the later seventies both side were made to except the other style.
Thanks @Living in the Past for mentioning this. I have the exact same holes (the green circled ones) on my 9/74 US spec hard top. I suspected they were OEM, but wasn't sure. They were too cleanly done to have been typical PO, and I have good records on the truck and nowhere did a PO run a soft top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom