Are these FJ steelies? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In search of some steelies for my FJ60 and I stumbled upon a listing for some rims that look like the FJ40 steelies with the hubcap clips. Can someone with a more discerning eye tell me if these are them or if maybe theyre random chevy rims? thanks

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 8.46.21 PM.png

They could be. Are they 5 1/2" wide? The big question is, are the centers riveted or welded?

Those being 15" wheels are somewhat unusual for the early chev pickups. Much more common are 16" chev pickup wheels with six on 5.5 " pattern. They tend to be narrow, but in about '83 I put a set on my '70 fj 55. Jacked up the right rear, used it for a lathe and cut the centers out of four 16" wheels, mounted four used 7.50 x 16 bias tires and headed home 3000+ miles on interstate 70. Oh, and rivets dont matter on a 16" wheel and of course opens up all those tire choices! Edit: Now I see they ARE 16" as I see your tape isn't hooked on the outer rim at the top of the pic. For something like 235 85r 16, they work great with the centers cut out.

I could be wrong, but the white pin striping tells me they are not Landcruiser rims ???

Those are early chevy truck wheels, same bolt pattern, but center hole too small for hubs and hubcaps font fit.

@whitey45 identified them: Chevy Wheels...the pic with the tape measure shows them to be 16"... won't work on a Cruiser without making the center bore bigger.

Hi @RustyAndDusty. There is a nice long steel wheel tech thread outlining many options for you. Best thing is to decide if you want 15, 16, or 17". Toyota dealers still carry 40 series (15s, $130ish) so 60 series might be available too, at a fair price. If you cant find any used OEM for the 60 of course.

Not Cruiser rims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom