Are these Bell Housing/Engine Mounts right? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Upon closer inspection, the mounts for the bell housing to the frame look like who ever installed it last wasn't paying attention.

Can someone confirm if this is setup is correct or what?
Driver Side

Driver Side

Passenger side

Why is the clutch slave on the passenger side? I pieced together my stock 1967 F driver side for reference. My friend's 72 is similar. I assume by the tub and brake cyl you have an early cruiser.
ForumRunner_20110623_135141.jpg

Last edited:
The three pics in your OP are a [strike]four[/strike] speed bell housing. Typically the slave cyl is on the passenger side on later models. You can put it on the other side if you want. It doesn't matter. The passenger side is on the other side in Japan and Australia.

Last edited:
The three pics in your OP are a four speed bell housing. Typically the slave cyl is on the passenger side on later models. You can put it on the other side if you want. It doesn't matter. The passenger side is on the other side in Japan and Australia.

4 speed housing? I'm pretty sure it's was a 3 speed tranny that was attached. Is that compatible?

Any input on how those engine mount spacers are stacked and attached to the bell housing and frame?

round hole for bearing retainer=3 spd trans. The 4 spd has a figure 8 looking opening for the bearing retainer

Yeah, it looks like the PO wasn't paying attention to me as well. On my cruiser, the mounts go one on top of the trans bracket and one below it. The soft side is facing towards the trans bracket on both of mine, though that part probably isn't that important.

P.S. -I would just check around the cruiser to make sure that he didn't make that stupid mod for some dumb reason like he was too lazy to have the right size exhaust, or his wiring was a hair too short.:doh:

Not sure what you mean by retainer and the round hole vs figure 8? can you point to in the picture?

it's the hole where the trans bolts to the bellhousing, 3 speeds have a round hole and the 4 speeds used a figure 8 hole. 3 and 4 speeds are not interchangable between the bellhousings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom