are there any sites i can get the magnaflo Y pipe and cats ? thanks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looking to pull the trigger soon

O'reilly's
Summit racing
Magnaflow

Got mine from Orielly's. Thery were offering a discount if I had it shipped to home. It's been a couple of months, don't know if the discount is still offered.

thanks guys

Yes, the actual Magnaflow is nearing unobtanium status. When you buy, make sure it's a place that does free returns because you may get Bosal after Bosal.

I got mine from Amazon a few years ago before Magnaflow bought Bosal. Seems like the consumer should only be getting the quality Magnaflow parts after the acquisition, not the other way around.

ok one more dumb question , do i by the 2nd cat (23622) to go with the Y-Pipe (23120) i am about to order and i cant find anything on the forum about it

something interesting I learned is living in Maine we apparently have the same emission's status that California has even though we don't test and Summit would not sell me the non California cats and I had to get it from Amazon

auto zone with a 20% coupon and my $20 frequent buyer discount. I got a real magnaflow first try. Fit like original, welds look good. I coated mine with some exhaust primer and paint to hopefully get a couple extra years out of it.

One thing:
Don't even bother installing the supplied manifold gaskets. They leak quickly. Get some OEM ones (90080-43036 x 2) and you wont be pulling it back off to replace a couple of months later like I did.

auto zone with a 20% coupon and my $20 frequent buyer discount. I got a real magnaflow first try. Fit like original, welds look good. I coated mine with some exhaust primer and paint to hopefully get a couple extra years out of it.

One thing:
Don't even bother installing the supplied manifold gaskets. They leak quickly. Get some OEM ones (90080-43036 x 2) and you wont be pulling it back off to replace a couple of months later like I did.

How do you know if you received a real Magnaflow? Thanks for the saving tips.

Anyone have a part number? I see 2 MagnaFlow options on Summit.

ok one more dumb question , do i by the 2nd cat (23622) to go with the Y-Pipe (23120) i am about to order and i cant find anything on the forum about it

The y-pipe has one cat on it. I used the y-pipe on a '94, which has the side-by-side cats instead of inline. I only use the y-pipe attached cat. I would recommend using just the one, if your state laws allow.

How do you know if you received a real Magnaflow? Thanks for the saving tips.
The first post in this thread shows the bosal, the third shows the magnaflow. The bosal has a round cat and the magnaflow is kinda square.

I have a loud Cat whistle that’s been pretty well diagnosed and around for a few years. I’m doing a head gasket and taking advantage of having the exhaust manifolds off to replace my cats.

What are we doing after this Y-pipe? Over the frame to muffler at local exhaust shop?

What are we doing after this Y-pipe? Over the frame to muffler at local exhaust shop?
There's a long thread regarding Magnaflow. Here's my take on it.

There's a long thread regarding Magnaflow. Here's my take on it.
Thanks, I've had that thread open in another window. Your set up is what I'm shooting for. How'd you get your truck to the exhaust shop? I'm reminded of driving from my parents house to our hot rod shop with open headers after I built an LT1 for my camaro in 95....

Thanks, I've had that thread open in another window. Your set up is what I'm shooting for. How'd you get your truck to the exhaust shop? I'm reminded of driving from my parents house to our hot rod shop with open headers after I built an LT1 for my camaro in 95....
I had an existing exhaust system with many holes. My truck is a daily driver, so I just drove to the shop with boxes of new parts and bags of new OEM hardware. It was done in a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom