Are there any OEM parts on a 40 that were chrome ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are there any actual OEM parts on a 40 that were chromed? Door handles? Seat belt inserts? I need to restore those parts before sending the belts off to be re-webbed.

parts of emblems, some trim on overseas models, some chrome emblems in the front depending on year and if it was a diesel, those are all I can think of on the spot

What year(s)?
1980. I have all new badging and I will buy new window trim. Someone somewhere mentioned "pot metal" and that it could not be chromed or zinc plated. The pieces I mentioned in the initial post seem to be too heavy to be "pot metal".

overseas, front bumper, 79+ bezel, could be chrome along with some other pieces

Oh right. Also the rear bumperette things, and maybe the license plate holder

97800F01-31A4-44E1-91B8-3B9F51AEF4C5.png

I have both styles bezels in Chrome. Front bumper and rear bumperettes in chrome. I know Middle East has chrome strips in the window weatherstripping in later years. Chrome arms for the mirrors. Have some chrome hooks that are on the front frame but not sure those are OEM.

Hood hooks come in chrome. But not hooks on the frame. Mine must be aftermarket. Years ago if you were able to provide the part numbers a good chance a dealer could have order all these chrome options.

Pivot ball for the clutch fork pivot was hard chromed. Obviously a small piece, but if you’re running a batch of chrome (and your rig is in pieces) toss it in!

I ordered some OEM front carriage bolts that came chromed; they were an option on the US parts list, but the standard ones I ordered came in chrome - plated anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom