Are there any differences in the cargo area layout between the LC and the LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Heya folks,

I'm a GX guy myself, but I'm working on a version of the GXBasecamp.com platform for the 100 Series. Since I don't own either, I'm reliant on careful measurement from folks with whom I can meet up to take a look at their vehicle. I had the opportunity to measure out a Land Cruiser and designed the platform build off those measurement. But it occurred to me yesterday that there may be differences between the LC and LX that I'm not aware of.

Can anyone help me confirm or deny any differences between the two?

Thanks!

Last edited:
AFAIK, the only difference (below the windows) is between rear A/C and non-A/C equipped 100's. All LX's had rear A/C. Most '99 LC's had it. All '00+ LC's had it. This applies to US market only.

Last edited:
AFAIK, the only difference (below the windows) is between rear A/C and non-AHC equipped 100's. All LX's had rear A/C. Most '99 LC's had it. All '00+ LC's had it. This applies to US market only.
Thanks, that's super helpful. Do you know what the differences are between A/C or AHC equipped vehicles and not? Is it significant?

The A/C unit occupies about 3" of space on the passenger side. AHC is not relevant to trunk space. (Typo above, corrected.)

img_1403-jpg.2348197
photo 3.JPG

Last edited:
The A/C unit occupies about 3" of space on the passenger side. AHC is not relevant to trunk space. (Typo above, corrected.)

Also, no rear A/C usually means no 3rd row seat and seat belt anchors.

img_1403-jpg.2348197
photo 3.JPG

Fantastic, thank you!! Do you know if the 3" difference takes up any of the "footprint" of the cargo area? ie is the cargo area with a/c 3" narrower overall, or is it just the section up by the wheel well.

The vehicle I measured to base the design on looks like this:
32791529-1B11-43FC-B1C6-CA6C5788877A_1_105_c.jpeg

Yes, rear A/C will have a smaller footprint. Your mock-up vehicle is not common, maybe 10% of all US 100's.

Yes, rear A/C will have a smaller footprint. Your mock-up vehicle is not common, maybe 10% of all US 100's.
Crap 😐

Is it just this area that's narrower?
32791529-1B11-43FC-B1C6-CA6C5788877A_1_105_c.jpg

Thanks again for answering all my questions!

Correct... that area including the rear pillar area... that juts out.

Correct... that area including the rear pillar area... that juts out.

Perfect. I can work with that. Thank you!!

I like you concept alot.

I like you concept alot.
Thanks! 100 series design should be done soon. Drop your email on our website and we'll shout when they're done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom