Are the front and rear brake circuits separate? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you replace the front calipers and flexible lines, do you have to bleed the rears?

Reason I ask, I just replaced mine. Had a pedal I had to pump a few times to get pressure. Also had some other issues to address. Replaced and did a one man bleed on the front. No power to the booster/accumulator yet, got the battery disco'd. But still need a few pumps. Would like to know if the 2 circuits are separate. Master cylinder was never dry.

Probably going to do the master cylinder kit "someday". Just need to figure out how soon that someday is?

Are the front and rear brake circuits separate?

Yes, but they're even more independent than what you think! Each caliper is on a separate line going to the booster.

brakelines.JPG

Thanx! I should be ok then. Looks like I need to rebuild my master cylinder and see if that works.

What problems are you having?

I had a soft brake pedal. I could pump it twice and it would come up quite a bit, and be acceptable. I had some glazed rotors, worn pads. So I bought new rotors, calipers and pads. Bled them today "single handed", battery is out presently. Still have to pump them 2 or 3 times to get some pedal.

Might try bleeding with brake pump running. Also to be correct for all years brake line to rear brakes is common for 1998-99 so three lines to Master Cyc.

Might try bleeding with brake pump running. Also to be correct for all years brake line to rear brakes is common for 1998-99 so three lines to Master Cyc.

3 lines makes sense I think. I ordered 3 flex lines for the rears, have not done the rears yet though.

I am going to get my wife to help me with this two person bleed with the power on, but don't hold out much hope.

3 lines makes sense I think. I ordered 3 flex lines for the rears, have not done the rears yet though.
Your 2002 should have 4 rear soft lines, as well as 4 total hard lines at the MC/booster assembly (2 front + 2 rear).

Also, Techstream makes bleeding ATRAC-equipped 100s a breeze...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom