Are the fj 40 and fj 45 frames similar ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am putting together an FJ45 and i will need to fabricate or purchase a frame.

Are the fj40 and fj45 frames similar aside from any differences in length ?

Thanks !

similar, yes, differences do exist tho. Rear spring hangers are the first one off the top of my head, might be the only one, can't remember, cal Georg or Gary.

they are the same up to where the transmission sits then from there back is different

Ok thank you all !

Sounds like since the forward section of the frame is the same if I get my hands on an inexpensive FJ40 frame I will be off to a good start to recreating the section from the transmission back.

they are the same up to where the transmission sits then from there back is different

Actually the 45 frame is narrower by the transmission. The width of transmission crossmember of the 8/80+ is at least a few inches narrower at that point than the short and mid wheel base. I have verified the narrower width on my 65 FJ45LP-B. They are close enough the same skid plate is used on both. They do this by slotting the holes for the rivets and mounting points.

And which 45, LWB or SWB?

There are frame doublers on the 45 LWB frame in the area of the rear cab mounts that aren’t on a 40 frame (or SWB 45 frame).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom