are the body mounts on a 60 series frame the same as an 80 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have searched and searched but just no answers. Here’s the story. So I have a 1984 Toyota bj60 with an immaculate frame drive train and 3b diesel series engine, however the body as usual is rested pretty bad. So now I am considering getting an aluminum FJ 45 cab from Aqualu and doing a swap onto my 60 series frame. They have a fj45 aluminum cab option available that fits on an 80 series chassis, So if the 60 series and 80 series body mounts are the same then logically the FJ 45 aluminum cab should fit either one. So does anyone have an idea if the 60 series and 80 series have the same positioning of body mounts? Damn I hate rust.

40C8C2EA-7E6C-443F-A9A5-F942D5F1CB93.jpeg

259BD228-9196-4BB0-AFA2-B44B8A9BA36F.jpeg

So I have searched and searched but just no answers. Here’s the story. So I have a 1984 Toyota bj60 with an immaculate frame drive train and 3b diesel series engine, however the body as usual is rested pretty bad. So now I am considering getting an aluminum FJ 45 cab from Aqualu and doing a swap onto my 60 series frame. They have a fj45 aluminum cab option available that fits on an 80 series chassis, So if the 60 series and 80 series body mounts are the same then logically the FJ 45 aluminum cab should fit either one. So does anyone have an idea if the 60 series and 80 series have the same positioning of body mounts? Damn I hate rust.

View attachment 2168635

View attachment 2168636

You call that rusty?

Other than the missing front bumper that thing looks pretty good.

Find an 80 frame/drivetrain/etc. and a 60 bumper in the parting out section and you have 2 beauties.

:meh:

Adding the correct mounts to a 60 chassis shouldn't be that big of a deal. I'm not sure how the 45 tub lines up with the engine/driveline etc. but I imagine it wouldn't be that complicated to achieve once you had the actual tub on hand. Your idea is one I have had for a while. I'm always watching for deals on bad bodied but good framed trucks for just such a swap.

you might be able to take one of their frames and put your engine/drivetrain and axials into it

be alot of work,
I thought about that too. They have a 45 series too with a frame. I could do that as well.

I notice that aqualu website in the pricing sections fine print says "for off road only". So maybe doesn't have the reinforcements in the doors etc to pass USA highway safety standards? Next question ...why would anyone want to buy a $5k aluminum body then go beat it up in the woods? You have to know aluminum repair is going to be much more costly when you stuff a rocker or quarter panel.

I don’t think many people are buying the aluminum parts from aqualu to build woods machines.

Most of the aftermarket parts have the “for off-road use only” label because the companies selling them haven’t gotten a DOT stamp for the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom