Are parts an issue for LC 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm contemplating purchasing a 99 LC 100 and am wondering if parts availability is (or is expected to become) an issue on these vehicles. I would imagine that Toyota can provide all the parts necessary (at a price!), but are there also OEM third-party parts suppliers for the common wear and maintenance items? Especially up here in Canada?
Thanks.

There are multiple members on this forum that can find just about any part you need, often at a discount. Another reason why Mud is so great!

Official Jeep Recovery Vehicle

Not an issue at all. Plenty of supplies unlike 40 or 60 series cruisers. Go ahead and grab one!! :)

The number of 100 series on the road should be a good clue. I don't anticipate any kind of parts troubles for the 100 series for many years to come. Some cosmetic stuff (badges) and interior parts will be unavailable from the dealer, but definitely nothing that should dissuade you from buying one.

Only one issue - $$$

Thanks all. Someone on another (non-LC forum) was suggesting that parts may be hard to come by for these, which I seriously doubted but thought I'd check with this excellent group, and the answer is quite clear. Though indeed, some of the prices I see for some things (brake booster for ex) cause a bit of a gulp! :)

Especially up here in Canada?
Thanks.
As you probably know, the LC100 was never sold in Canada but the LX470 was. So, I'd imagine you could easily and quickly get all the mechanical parts that are shared between the two vehicles. But the parts that are specific to the LC might take some extra time.

Yes, I would imagine that much of the mechanicals and electricals are similar between the 100 LC and LX, with some differences of course.
I would also imagine many of the engine parts would be similar to Tundra and 4Runners fitted with the 4.7L. Anyway, I hope I never have to muck around inside the engine or transmission, but more about replacing consumables and wearables as part of a good PM regime (belts, seals, sensors, filters, etc.).

There are multiple members on this forum that can find just about any part you need, often at a discount. Another reason why Mud is so great!

Official Jeep Recovery Vehicle

I can understand the apprehension, living in Canada would mean it's not available at a discount store down the street sometimes, but wow are the parts available here. What Forger said is true. I owned a BMW and had to play the waiting game a few times for a part that ended up being ungodly expensive.

i knew it would be good but probably the biggest single surprise was just how easy it has been to get 100 parts.

I'm close to the US border so often will order parts from the States and get them shipped to Ogdensburg NY and just drive down to pick them up. Way cheaper than buying them from a Canadian supplier (prices seems to magically get jacked up 40-50% or more when they cross the border!). These days though, with our Canadian dollar being worth 80 cents against the US greenback, it's not as cheap, but probably still a bit cheaper. Good to know parts are so readily available down there, I'm looking at a truck with 210k miles so likely will be needing some parts down the road...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom