Are OEM 62 side door mirrors ambidextrous? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John McVicker

SILVER Star
Threads
Do they go both ways🤔

Going thru my stash and found a brand new OEM 62 door mirror. It is definitely good for the driver side and ‘appears’ that I should be able to move the glass all the way around to make it work for the passenger side.

But it’s brand new and the movement is very stiff. I don’t have it mounted and it can easily be moved to accommodate the D/S but trying to move the glass so it will work on the passenger side, it‘s fighting me all the way.

Maybe it’s too new and I just need to use a bit more force but don’t want to break it trying to find out. Anyone know for sure?

Last edited:
Anyone know the answer to this? I just don’t want to find out the hard way.

No idea for sure but they're sold as Driver & Passenger so I'd lean toward not.
:beer:

I would be very surprised if you could make a driver's side work as a passenger's side. And yes, new mirrors are stiff and fragile. I tried swapping the motorized guts from an OEM 62 mirror into a manual Toyota 62 mirror from City Racer. I could figure out a way to do it, and didn't want to risk destroying the new mirror.

After all that, I had excellent results using City Racer's manual chrome FJ62 mirrors on my truck, which are cheap enough (sorta) to buy a pair. One properly adjusted, I have never had to readjust them, even for other drivers.

Ok, thank you all. You have confirmed my concerns and I didn’t want to push/pull any harder. Well, at least I have a D/S spare. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom