Are my springs shot? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What do you think? '71 FJ40 Thanks

Leafsprings.JPG

Yes. Literally not using this as a sales tactic but I do have a set of custom built stock height rears that are brand new, never installed. I had a full set built for my 81 and the first round of rears showed up with the 25mm eyelet. Happy to sell them at a large discount to a mud member. Just hit me up if you are interested. Problem will be that your front will sit low due to years of settling. You may just want to go for a full replacement.

what's the crap between the upper two spring leafs ?

what's the crap between the upper two spring leafs ?
I’d say it’s simply rust expanding but I like your word better.

I’d say it’s simply rust expanding but I like your word better.
Yeah, I like you word better too. I don't know what it is, and the shed is too cold to check it out now, but I'll take a closer look when it's warmer and solve the mystery! Thanks for all responses.

What do you think? '71 FJ40 Thanks

View attachment 2869338
I'm sure there are other suppliers out there, but the only place I have found advertising stock replacement springs for land cruisers is General Spring out of Kansas City.

I have no experience with these springs, just passing on research that I have done.

They really aren't any cheaper than a 2.5" lift spring, so most everyone just elects to go with the 2.5" lift from your vendor of choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom