Are my new (reman) Denso AC products R134a ready? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
eurasiaoverland.com
I have bought (from the US) the following:

• 471-0432, a remanufactured 10PA15 compressor, and
  • 478-0101, a brand new receiver dryer.
As these parts are of 1980s vintage, they are (were) designed for R12. I am pretty much going to have to use R134a.

In the instructions supplied with the compressor, it mentions that supplied O-rings are both R12 and R134a compatible. But it does not mention what oil is inside the compressor. Will this be R12 mineral oil, or will they assume that the end user is recharging with R134a and supply PAG oil?

In the dryer instructions there is no mention of R134a compatibility. I know some R12 dryers are not suitable for R134a, does anyone know if this unit is?

Thanks,

EO

I have bought (from the US) the following:

• 471-0432, a remanufactured 10PA15 compressor, and
  • 478-0101, a brand new receiver dryer.
As these parts are of 1980s vintage, they are (were) designed for R12. I am pretty much going to have to use R134a.

In the instructions supplied with the compressor, it mentions that supplied O-rings are both R12 and R134a compatible. But it does not mention what oil is inside the compressor. Will this be R12 mineral oil, or will they assume that the end user is recharging with R134a and supply PAG oil?

In the dryer instructions there is no mention of R134a compatibility. I know some R12 dryers are not suitable for R134a, does anyone know if this unit is?

Thanks,

EO
I don’t believe the drier is R134 ready. I had the compressor filled with the correct amount of PAG oil. Without confirmation from Denso, it wasn’t worth the risk running as is and hoping it was compatible.

I’ve converted a handful of 60’s from R12 to 134. Have the same question about the new remaned compressor. So I drain and flush with denatured alcohol (I flush the whole system) and reload with the correct pag oil to be safe. With the dryer I add a little pag there as well. All have turned out well and my personal 60 is blowing cold 6 years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom