Are all the front bumpers interchangeable? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if teh bumper from an LX or FZJ would fit my 92 FJ. The current one has a major dent in it, and I'm assuming that's why the P.O. put the damage multiplier on it, and I'm wanting to replace it. (No ARB at the moment, maybe a custom tube in the future though).

If my 97 fits yours, you are welcome to it in about two weeks when I get my ARB up front.

You pay for shipping.... :D

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

as far as I know they are all the same....mount onto the frame rails with adaptors.

No, they are different. The '95-'97 do NOT fit a '94. Found that out the hard way. :rolleyes: Don't know if the '93-94 are any different from the '91-92's though. The bumpers are completely different by just enough to make the brackets non-interchangeable b/w the two styles of bumpers. Seems kinda dumb if you ask me. The holes where the brackets bolt to the frame are off by about 1/8-1/4". I'd imagine ARBs and such just have slotted holes to accomodate for this. You could modify a bumper to fit, but it will not simply bolt up.

Ary

What kind of adapter bracket would I need to fab, not quite sure of the difference so wondering what the difficulty would be.

Assuming that your '92 is the same as my '94 as far as bolt holes in the frame are concerned, all you would need to do to fit the '97 style bumper is slot out the holes in the brackets. You could probably accomplish this with an angle grinder or with a drill if you have a lot of patience(just hogging out the hole w/ a big drill bit). I was simply stating earlier that the bumper will not simply bolt up. BTW, if you get the '97 style bumper, be sure to get the brackets that attach said bumper to the frame. If you don't you'll really be SOL.

Ary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom