Are all land cruiser's noisy inside? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I'm coming from a 2020 Highlander that I traded in for a 21 silver HE. I had my Highlander for 7 months and besides a noise that it made (side view mirror) when I drove with the driver glass down, the cabin made no noise at all. I test drove a non HE LC before buying my HE and remember hearing no cabin noise at all. My 2 week old silver HE makes so much noise inside.: A noise like the rear seat rattling and an noise coming from behind the instrument panel? I love my LC but are all LC's noisy inside the cabin?

Thanks

Rear seats sometimes squeak especially because of the harder HE leather (my 2015 did the same), some leather moisturizer alleviated the noise. Behind the instrument panel? What kind of noise?

Also, most importantly do you have the Yakima rack on the car? That would make a huge difference in overall noise.

Do you still have the HE roof rack on? I imagine that thing is noisy. Neither of the 200s I've owned were especially noisy.

Do you still have the HE roof rack on? I imagine that thing is noisy. Neither of the 200s I've owned were especially noisy.
Thanks but I removed the rack as soon as I brought the vehicle home.
As for the noise, it's a creaking noise that sounds loudest above the driver's dash and below the windshield. Funny thing is that the sound starts after i've been driving for a while.
Also, the seat noise sounds is a metallic noise so i'm thinking maybe a latch?

Last edited:
Mine was noisy one day. I channeled my inner Hadley from Shawshank and yelled at my 200 that If I hear so much as a mouse fart in here the rest of the drive I swear by God and sonny Jesus you will visit Jiffy Lube. Every last motherf***ing service in there.

Not a peep since.

My '21 has a faint plastic on plastic sound in driver side dash/lower windshield area too (sigh). Comes and goes - not always present - but usually after sitting for awhile - could be weather/temp related, but have not been able to clearly pinpoint.

My '21 has a faint plastic on plastic sound in driver side dash/lower windshield area too (sigh). Comes and goes - not always present - but usually after sitting for awhile - could be weather/temp related, but have not been able to clearly pinpoint.
Hey flyfish,

Is the sound bothering you to the extent of wanting to visit ye olde service dept? I'm thinking about waiting for a while, currently 150miles on mine, praying that the sound goes away....

2020 HE and the only noise I have inside in the sound of the rack. I had a 2013 prior to this, and the 2nd row seats were "squeaky" in the summer heat.

My 13 is bank vault silent.

2020 HE here. I have a problem with the driver's side rear seat rattling. The inboard floor catch is not sufficiently tight when in the locked position allowing it to bounce and rattle. When a passenger is in the seat - it doesn't rattle. When I was getting a fuel tank installed at Ed Martin, they looked at it and said it needed to be fixed, but didn't have time to work on that and complete the tank install too. I am going to have my local dealer address at the 10k mile service.

I do not have any type of dash noise though. Either issue dealer should address.

2020 HE here. I have a problem with the driver's side rear seat rattling. The inboard floor catch is not sufficiently tight when in the locked position allowing it to bounce and rattle. When a passenger is in the seat - it doesn't rattle. When I was getting a fuel tank installed at Ed Martin, they looked at it and said it needed to be fixed, but didn't have time to work on that and complete the tank install too. I am going to have my local dealer address at the 10k mile service.

I do not have any type of dash noise though. Either issue dealer should address.
My 2018 makes the same noise from the floor catch. Noted it to dealer when I had it in for 30k service. They reported in the service notes that it was normal and they declined to do anything about it.

We had an 08 LX that did not make noise from this place, but our 4 LC 200s all made it in the same spot. I just used a piece of packing foam or a camping blanket folded underneath and latched the seat to make it go away.

Even with all my mods and the general abuse my truck gets, it is very quiet inside. There is some wind noise from he rack but it is still much quieter than my highlander.

I would take it to the dealer and make them ride with you. A brand new $85k vehicle should not have a rattle or squeak of any kind, not matter what vehicle it is.

One of the few benefits of getting old and having a really bad case of tinnitus is that all the cars and trucks I drive these days are very quiet inside. I can't hear any strange noises.

Hey flyfish,

Is the sound bothering you to the extent of wanting to visit ye olde service dept? I'm thinking about waiting for a while, currently 150miles on mine, praying that the sound goes away....
It is not, i may mention it at first service, but would almost rather live with it than have them poking around...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom