Are all aftermarket springs specific to L/R? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 80 has a lean, that I didn't notice immediately after install earlier this year. The passenger side is roughly 3/4" higher than the driver side, both front and rear. I used Eibach's 3" kit that includes shocks.

All the posts I searched out seemed more to do with others having the DS & PS flipped. My question is, are there any kits out there that do not have springs specific to each side? I called Eibach tech and they said they are interchangeable. I figure there has to be something to it if even one mfg does it. And, it is a new application to Eibach. Maybe they overlooked it? Anyone else running an Eibach lift?

Thanks.

If you search Search results for query: 80 series lean
You’ll find this happens with all springs on our trucks. I attribute it to more weight on the drivers side battery and fuel tank. If you have a dual battery setup and a spare tire carrier with the tire toward the passenger side it balances it out in my experience. If it bothers you or it feels off you can add urethane coil packers or spacer to get it level. A 20mm one front and rear should get you level.

If you search Search results for query: 80 series lean
You’ll find this happens with all springs on our trucks. I attribute it to more weight on the drivers side battery and fuel tank. If you have a dual battery setup and a spare tire carrier with the tire toward the passenger side it balances it out in my experience. If it bothers you or it feels off you can add urethane coil packers or spacer to get it level. A 20mm one front and rear should get you level.
I have the same issue. What coil packer in terms of brand do you recommend ?

Since lifting my coil sprung vehicles, I've always put the springs side to side on a flat surface. The spring that is slightly taller goes on the side that has the gas tank.

Trim packers are basically the same. Get a poly. I've run the OME versions which come in small adjustments, but they aren't that cheap. I run a 30mm spacer just on the rear passenger side corner because my spare tire.

Thanks.

Going back to my original question, anyone know of kits that do not designate specific driver and passenger side orientations? Seems that OME does for certain.

Ok thank you. Any other brands out there that can comment? Dobinsons? Slinky? Iron Man?

Just want to gather data so that I can call the tech I'm working with to relay and see if they'll provide a spacer.

On a related note, they didn't have any caster fixes when I got the kit, so I went with Delta. I just noticed that they released one. An interesting bearing design. Maybe less concern about wear/movement over time vs poly but seems like it could transfer some noise.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom