Arcworxs knuckle gussets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After my last trip to moab I started thinking about what I really wanted to do with my land cruiser. It’s fully armored, has a 2” lift, and 35s. It’s a combo that lots of people have had success with, frankly before the trip, I thought I was done. Completely satisfied. My mind was changed after following my friends into Pritchett canyon. Outside of walking yellow hill, I got completely skunked. So what’s next? The obvious choice is 37s-40s. But with that comes more stress on the front axle that is frankly, a little undersized. I’m not a fan of the “it’s fine” mentality for big ticket items, so I hit up my friend at arcworxs. I asked him to make knuckle gussets to beef up where the knuckle ball meets the axle because it’s where the axle is most likely to bend. Companies in Australia have been making them for years and somebody might as well make them state side.

The result was a 3/8” gusset that welds straight to the axle. Outside of adding a minor chamfer to the gusset, no other shaping was needed. I’ve done 1000 miles since the gussets were put on, a handful of trails, and jumped the 80 once or twice. For $50 and a little bit of time, I can’t beat the piece of mind.

C7BF4F5A-7B7C-4019-829F-591D18932194.jpeg

855B98F5-058F-49E9-AFCF-F9277A58DB36.jpeg

821896BF-80C4-4ACE-8AB4-6EC3F9901B94.jpeg

Looks good.

Got any details on how this was welded? And not being a welder, would it help any if the top edge of the gusset had a bevel for the weld bead (to go deeper)??

Looks good.

Got any details on how this was welded? And not being a welder, would it help any if the top edge of the gusset had a bevel for the weld bead (to go deeper)??
We just cleaned up the surface of the axle/ gusset, we did bevel the edge on the gusset, and welded it on. We were strapped for time and kinda wanted to see if welding the gusset on would kill the inner axle seal. So we didn’t take the knuckle apart. The axle isn’t leaking birf soup after 1000 miles of driving so I say it’s a success.

Those look nice and beefy!!
For those who don’t have a friend that can make them Marlin crawler make a set for the Mini truck that with a slight bit of modification fits the 80 nicely the set is top and bottom and both sides.
I would also recommend trussing the axle !!
And RCVs
If you want to run big tires With Confidence

Those look nice and beefy!!
For those who don’t have a friend that can make them Marlin crawler make a set for the Mini truck that with a slight bit of modification fits the 80 nicely the set is top and bottom and both sides.
I would also recommend trussing the axle !!
And RCVs
If you want to run big tires With Confidence
He’s done a production run! You can find them on https://www.arcworxs.com/
He’s having trouble with the website and it says they’re out of stock, it should be fixed soon. I’m the mean time, just shoot him an email at support@arcworxs.com

I already have rcvs so a truss is next for me🥳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom