ARB Winch Bumper Bolts and lighting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone happen to know the size/pitch (?) and grade of the bolts that secure the ARB bumper to the frame rails? I bought used and I only have the bolts that go through the top of the frame into the fixed nuts, but not the ones that go through the side of the frame rail. I figured while I was at it, I might as well get all new hardware.

Also, I was reading on a Heep site, that some people have replaced the turn signal lights on the ARB with actual fog lights. Is that even legal? I would have thought the front lights are obscured enough that you NEED to use those lights for turn signals, thoughts?

Technically i dont think you HAVE to have the front signal lights hooked up. i've heard stories about peoples bulbs burning out them never replacing the bulbs. I've been running an arb for a few months still dont have my signal lights hooked up. i havent gotten any crap for it and the stock ones are still visible.

PM Junk on this one...he knows the true answer to your question!!

-onur

Montana Cruiser said:
Anyone happen to know the size/pitch (?) and grade of the bolts that secure the ARB bumper to the frame rails? I bought used and I only have the bolts that go through the top of the frame into the fixed nuts, but not the ones that go through the side of the frame rail. I figured while I was at it, I might as well get all new hardware.

Also, I was reading on a Heep site, that some people have replaced the turn signal lights on the ARB with actual fog lights. Is that even legal? I would have thought the front lights are obscured enough that you NEED to use those lights for turn signals, thoughts?

Montana Cruiser where are you planning on buying the hardware? I ask because I'm missing some on mine and have no idea who would sell just the hardware.

CRUISEHUNTER said:
Montana Cruiser where are you planning on buying the hardware? I ask because I'm missing some on mine and have no idea who would sell just the hardware.

I was planning on just going to a local fastner company. The bolts I do have dont look to be anything special, I just want to make sure they are new so I dont go screwing up the threads on the fixed nuts in the frame. I'll let you know what I find out.
:cheers:

I just took my stock bumper bolts to the hardware store and ran them into the little gauge things they have that will tell you pitch, etc... The grabbed a few longer ones in grade 8 and they have worked just fine.

mooker82 said:
I just took my stock bumper bolts to the hardware store and ran them into the little gauge things they have that will tell you pitch, etc... The grabbed a few longer ones in grade 8 and they have worked just fine.

I guess that was my biggest concern, getting the proper grade ...... would some place like Home Depot have grade 8 and is that the grade that should be used in this application?

Home Depot probley not find a good hardware store. You need grade 8 they are 10-1.25 or 12-1.25 thats a guess.Ihave a 97 and I know a 12mm gose in the botton of the frane on the front hopes this helps.

Larry,

That hurts my eyes to read, man. Put in a period or two - like when you change thoughts (heh)...

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom