ARB vs TJM bumper on a 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Question on the TJM T13 bumper. All of the T13s in this post have the same turn indicators; however, I was hoping someone could explain the different turn indicators or whether this is a different bumper model from this post. 2008 Land Cruiser New TJM Bumper Pics

old thread revival! I having a REALLY hard time deciding on a front bumper. I want a bumper with bars for sure and good ground clearance! ( I like to see the tire exposed from the front of the LC)

Last edited:
old thread revival! I having a REALLY hard time deciding on a front bumper. I want a bumper with bars for sure and good ground clearance! ( I like to see the tire exposed from the front of the LC)

Your check-box of bumpers with strong bull bars narrows your choices considerably.

Basically TJM T13...ARB Deluxe Bar...or Dobinsons’ (similar to ARB...almost a knock-off) and a few other small players.

There are others with “bars” but if you want strength enough for critter strike safety, it’s really just a few.

-Trail Tailor was another option, but Jason has stopped doing fronts for the time being (maybe he’ll correct me?).
-Avoid Viper 4x4 like the plague (All hat no cattle...looks cool til it bends and rusts)
-Dissent doesn’t do bull bars at all, and is not really marketed for its strength.

Personally, I love my T13 and it does sit more snug than ARB (extends forward less). T13 is a bargain for its beefiness...includes all lights/indicators...and is a full replacement (no trimming stock bumper).

I do wish it angled upward toward the tires...but it’s strong as heck.

But as they say in Papua New Guinea...”Like belong you...” :hillbilly:

Last edited:

I was in the same boat as you not long ago. I went with TJM T13 for these following reasons:
1/Price: ARB Deluxe bar costs around 1k USD more in my country.
2/ Design: Does not protrude as much as ARB and does not require bumper trimming.
3/Quality: Id say the T13 is on par with ARB in terms of quality.
4/Accessories: T13 comes with led fog lights, drl and blinkers. ARB does not. They make you buy it separately. Also not a fan of the outdated looking halogen blinkers and fog lights that ARB sells.

I went with full TJM front bumper, under guard, XGS 4000 series suspension, side brush and modular side steps in the end and I cant be more happy. Tjm makes good quality and affordable stuff.

Just my 2 cents.

602AF284-D9C7-48FB-BDDC-A5E8F174C78E.jpeg

B8D6A976-1199-49A5-B0C8-76DC7EE9A56C.jpeg

Last edited:
I went with full TJM front bumper, under guard, XGS 4000 series suspension, side brush and modular side steps in the end and I cant be more happy. Tjm makes good quality and affordable stuff.

Just my 2 cents.

Any pictures of the under body protection?

Perfect, thanks. There are a couple holes in the bumper that don’t quite line up with the OEM skids, looks like they are meant to be used with the TJM skids.

Perfect, thanks. There are a couple holes in the bumper that don’t quite line up with the OEM skids, looks like they are meant to be used with the TJM skids.

BudBuilt skids fit in combination with TJM and ARB front bumpers...and can be ordered in massively strong materials...

BudBuilt skids fit in combination with TJM and ARB front bumpers...and can be ordered in massively strong materials...
Kinda funny you mentioned that Mark because the white one rolled out the shop today with stage 3 aluminum (plus an aux tank, Kaymar, and that TJM snorkel). Figured this picture might help someone with which look they like better.
8676C585-F503-473E-91A5-A98F26385912.jpeg

After spending some time with both these bars, my vote is for an ARB because they feature a crush can design where the TJM does not.

That will take the impact in those common 20-31 mph impacts where bumpers that don’t replicate the loss of the aluminum crush bar that is removed for winch bars end up moving the impact load to the frame horns.

looks like the ARB has more clearance in front of the tire as well, which I prefer.... thanks for posting guys!

It would be interesting to see the side profile of both. IMO the ARB sticks out way too far, looks awkward. I think the TJM is a better looking bumper.

One thing not mentioned, but is a nice feature on the ARB are the Hi-lift slots. I don't know much about TJM and I can see something going on in the photos, so perhaps they have a similar feature. Very handy in my opinion. I always prefer to lift my trucks from the front for tire changes.

Also interesting neither feature recovery points like most boutique US manufacturers. Welded recovery points aren't the best for kinetic recoveries, but do fine in winching operations.

How is the winch access on the TJM? In a world of hidden winch mounts and remote controls, its nice the ARB keeps things so accessible and safe to operate.

just picked up another T13 for my 08 LC. The first one i had on it really made me a fan of TJM over ARB. Unfortunately the salt in New England ate it alive. Now being in CO it was time for a new one. I have to say, they are damn hard to find. I called around and apparently there were only two coming in on a container so i jumped on one. Luckily i did because the second one was actually spoken for.
The newer T13s seem to have the fog/driving lights set up differently, which is a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom