ARB v Ironman Snorkel for the 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the ironman looks like the old style safari/arb one without the SAFARI SNORKEL logo on it. I mean, down to the same steps in the instructions.

I was looking at both of these recently as well. I kinda like the old style ARB Snorkel better than their new model. Since the Ironman does look almost exactly like the old ARB model guess i'd have to vote for the Ironman... Looks like the Ironman is about $150 less than the ARB too... There's another snorkel thread explaining the mounting differences, better instructions, etc offered on the new ARB models if you search a little...

They do look just like the Safari Snorkel. With a simple search you can import snorkels out of China that are exact replicas of Safari Snorkels and re brand them if you really wanted to. I'm not saying it the right thing to do, but there is little regulation in China in preventing them from ripping off others designs and selling them to buyer in the US or any other country. I have found that you can just about import ANYTHING out of china into the US. You can even order replica of roof top tents and bring them in and sell them with your own brand.

For Snorkels: 4x4 snorkel - Import 4x4 snorkel products from Chinese Factories | DHgate Factory
For Roof top tents: roof top tents - Import roof top tents products from Chinese Factories | DHgate Factory

wow, you weren't kidding when you said ANYTHING...i see the led light bars in there.....CREE lights imported from US...

They do look just like the Safari Snorkel. With a simple search you can import snorkels out of China that are exact replicas of Safari Snorkels and re brand them if you really wanted to. I'm not saying it the right thing to do, but there is little regulation in China in preventing them from ripping off others designs and selling them to buyer in the US or any other country. I have found that you can just about import ANYTHING out of china into the US. You can even order replica of roof top tents and bring them in and sell them with your own brand.

For Snorkels: 4x4 snorkel - Import 4x4 snorkel products from Chinese Factories | DHgate Factory
For Roof top tents: roof top tents - Import roof top tents products from Chinese Factories | DHgate Factory

I have heard the ARB and the Ironman snorkels use different plastic material for construction. Not sure which is better but, for sure, ARB's have survived the test of time from UV rays and such. It is my understanding the new ARB 100 series snorkel design flows better than the old design. If the Ironman snorkel is indeed an exact copy of the old version, this is no brainer. If you shop around, you can find the new ARB snorkel for around $380... how much is the Ironman?

Do you have to relocate the antenna with the Ironman? I believe you either relocate or replace the it when you install the ARB.

Hopefully the Ironman snorkel doesn't have a big "IRONMAN" logo on it... I guess the Aussies don't associate that name with buff, waxed dudes in Speedos or downward spiraling movie franchises.

Do you have to relocate the antenna with the Ironman? I believe you either relocate or replace the it when you install the ARB.

There is work around for this that Slee uses. I still have the stock power antenna with my Safari Snorkel.

Is this the sort of accessory that you want to risk it not lasting or being made of inferiour materials that may be more brittle, for a few dollars. Does the fact that 1 seems to be a close copy of a superceeded model, or that the instructions may be a copy, tell you that they are both made with the same philosophy of quality in mind?
No affiliation with either......

Safari Snorkel Mounted

The Safari Snorkel finally came in. Took over a month, and now it is on. :)

Washington-20111001-00112.jpg

Washington-20111001-00113 (1).jpg
Washington-20111001-00112.jpg
Washington-20111001-00113 (1).jpg

Put some heat on it and reshaped it to fit. Looks great, still water tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom