ARB to OEM Toyota Tall Switches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I am working on swapping out my current carling buttons/switches to the tall toyota switches "OEM style."

I worked through the soldering and heat shrink last night and went outside to hook it all up. The "OEM Style" switches were ordered from STEDI Australia, as I am running pretty much all STEDI lights.

My air compressor is working (although, I am not sure how the switch is programmed). My front and rear diff's I can't get to engage.

I followed this YouTube video to set up the wiring (starts at 15:53).

Air compressor switch on light, is always lit. When I press on it, the air compressor runs until it is filled then cuts off.
Front Diff switch light is off when not engaged, when I click it in - the switch stays engaged however the light does not turn on nor do I think the diff is engaging.
Rear Diff switch light is off when not engaged, when I click it in - the switch stays engaged however the light does not turn on nor do I think the diff is engaging.

I will eventually move the three switches to my overhead 3D printed mount (by Ben), but for now - I want to troubleshoot the situation. My Dissent bumpers arrive today, so I was trying desperately to get everything working before that project!

IMG_1558.JPG

68392753902__FEBACB5E-E08B-4FEC-A475-EA0261EA642A.JPG

Looks nice. What are your thoughts on the blue lighting at night? Do you have any concerns about the diff switches being a little exposed in that position on the console for now?

I have an aux fan button by the left knee panel and the blue light is kind of distracting. I should have gone with a green to match the rest of the stock buttons or something in the red spectrum. Curious if you've discovered the same.

If you end up looking for any other buttons, I've had great experience with ch4x4 for Toyota style custom buttons.

Looks nice. What are your thoughts on the blue lighting at night? Do you have any concerns about the diff switches being a little exposed in that position on the console for now?

I have an aux fan button by the left knee panel and the blue light is kind of distracting. I should have gone with a green to match the rest of the stock buttons or something in the red spectrum. Curious if you've discovered the same.

If you end up looking for any other buttons, I've had great experience with ch4x4 for Toyota style custom buttons.

Thanks - they will move up to the overhead location this weekend, so hopefully they are safe for a few days while I troubleshoot .. this is my first time going this deep into adding accessories, so I have a lot to learn. Appreciate the recommendation of ch4x4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom