ARB Solis Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently had 2 ARB Solis lights installed by Landcruiser Heaven Hagerstown, MD (now also operating as LCH in Miami, FL.)

Today while parked and the engine off no key in the ignition I noticed smoke coming from under the hood to the find see attached pictures. Connection to ARB Solis light was smoking and burning down the plastic like a lit cigarette.

I disconnected and also disconnected the lights from the battery.

What is going on here?

2D1A860C-5A36-40DB-AB97-10FB23CE9BA7.jpeg

A7C57DFD-293A-4C31-8587-CB2AA4E486BB.jpeg

Looks like an electrical fire to me. 😁

Check for shorts, and make sure you have an appropriately rated fuse inline for those lights, positioned before the replaced connector.

giphy.gif

Your rig came mighty close to burning down. Completely unacceptable if you paid a shop to install those lights.

Definitely a short/fire. Doesn't look like a properly rated fuse was inline either, probably too big or no fuse. Look for cause of short, probably poor anti-abrasion protection (plastic wire loom) and it rubbed on the edge of some sheet metal. Sorry to see that but you definitely have a case with that shop. Even with a shop doing the work, always look it over and verify they did it correctly. Glad you didn't lose more than the light harness!

Definitely a short/fire. Doesn't look like a properly rated fuse was inline either, probably too big or no fuse. Look for cause of short, probably poor anti-abrasion protection (plastic wire loom) and it rubbed on the edge of some sheet metal. Sorry to see that but you definitely have a case with that shop. Even with a shop doing the work, always look it over and verify they did it correctly. Glad you didn't lose more than the light harness!
Thank you. Unfortunate how many things I’m having to go back and fix correctly. No way LCH Hagerstown MD is touching my truck ever again. Appreciate the ideas working on fixing it soon. For now disconnected everything and local reputable shop ARB dealer will fix correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom