ARB Snorkel fitment issues? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am curious if installing an aftermarket ARB Snorkel will void the factory powertrain warranty?

I am curious if installing an aftermarket ARB Snorkel will void the factory powertrain warranty?

I'll let others (like @Eric Sarjeant) chime in on this, but I had NO issues with my 2017 TRDP 4Runner - and based on the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, I dont expect any issues with this install. I'd call my attorney if it came up - the snorkel does NOTHING to modify the drivetrain adversely - and certainly nothing more than changing the CAI or going with a TRD/hi-flow filter.

Now the other work I did to my new truck...that's another issue, and will deal with those IF I ever have a problem (dont expect it based on the reliability and longevity of these trucks).

Last edited:

A snorkel would not void the factory powertrain warranty. Toyota would never flat "void" a warranty for aftermarket modifications unless you were reprogramming computers. They would possibly (probably) deny a claim if the modification was the cause of the specific problem. But not void anything unrelated.

MUCH better!!! :bounce::bounce2:

IMG_5431.JPG

Fits tighter to the fender - unfortunately, the A-pillar was plugged and redrilled, instead of installing the way it was agreed to. NEVER trust a car salesman!!!!

Last edited:
Hate to break it to ya...but...

...If your shop couldn’t fit the Safari snorkel without custom fab or pillar mods...it means someone simply ordered the wrong snorkel model.

The Safari snorkel recently installed on Cole’s ‘16 fits like a glove...just as well as the one designed for my 2008 that I recently installed myself.
Hey, do you have part number handy for 08? My 08 lives in CO on crazy dusty roads. I would appreciate your feedback it you have run in similar dusty conditions? Thanks!

Hey, do you have part number handy for 08? My 08 lives in CO on crazy dusty roads. I would appreciate your feedback it you have run in similar dusty conditions? Thanks!
2016+ is SS89HPE. Should be able to find it via process of elimination knowing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom