ARB skid plates: good idea? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for all the feedback, folks! After some deep contemplation with a few 355ml doses of mild liquid anaesthetic orally administered, I came to the conclusion that the ARBs will serve my purposes. They're pretty economical for their coverage, and I'm not one to do major offroading, meaning I don't need the best there is, just an improvement over stock. Thanks again for all the pointers; that helps a lot. 👏

There ya go. :)
For your last description, I’d bet they’ll be good. No reason to build for nasty stuff if nasty isn’t your wheeling tendency.

Post photos... 👏:cheers:

Thanks for all the feedback, folks! After some deep contemplation with a few 355ml doses of mild liquid anaesthetic orally administered, I came to the conclusion that the ARBs will serve my purposes. They're pretty economical for their coverage, and I'm not one to do major offroading, meaning I don't need the best there is, just an improvement over stock. Thanks again for all the pointers; that helps a lot. 👏
Sounds reasonable . I looked at Bud Built and they have 9-10 week lead time.

Sounds reasonable . I looked at Bud Built and they have 9-10 week lead time.

Ya, hopefully that lead time will shrink soon.

These are 1/4”. Most steel skids are simply a flat 3/16” plate with a stiffener bend on the side which really isn’t that strong. We have added extra angles along with boxing in the sides which make them extremely strong.
The 200 skids are not finished yet but I have been beating up my aluminum skids on the Tacoma an 100 for a while now. They definitely don’t slide as well as steel but that really has been the only down fall. I will also be running aluminum on my 200 without hesitation along with aluminum front and rear bumper.
The factory trans skid will still fit however the skids will run all the way back.
I fully intend to beat them up in the rocks.

Well I'll be waiting for all 3 then... :)

I thought I saw a post where someone cut a rectangular access hole with an over sized plate to cover the access hole so oil changes were then easy.

Budbuilt has an access cover for oil changes. If weight is of concern go with the aluminum plate offering

There ya go. :)
For your last description, I’d bet they’ll be good. No reason to build for nasty stuff if nasty isn’t your wheeling tendency.

Post photos... 👏:cheers:

Yessir! The clean bits are the new parts. 🆒 At first glance, I'm happy with my choice. Yes, I know there are better options, but this gives its lesser protection over a greater area for the money. I doubt I'll bash it too terribly, but if I do, then I'll know that it's BudBuilt time. 🍺 Thanks again for all the help and advice.

20190220_152709.jpg

Yessir! The clean bits are the new parts. 🆒 At first glance, I'm happy with my choice. Yes, I know there are better options, but this gives its lesser protection over a greater area for the money. I doubt I'll bash it too terribly, but if I do, then I'll know that it's BudBuilt time. 🍺 Thanks again for all the help and advice.

View attachment 1909496

Yep. BudBuilts have been on my list for quite some time now. Workin on that with @Taco2Cruiser.

My own $ delays feel like the old 1970’s ketchup commercial... “Anticipation...it’s makin’ me wait...” as the thick ketchup sloooowly drops drop to a burger. :)

About 10-15 seconds in and that reference will make sense... :hillbilly: hehe

Any idea when the 200 bumpers will be in official production and up on the website? I was up in Utah this past weekend with Copper State Cruisers, and talked to a couple of 100 owners that couldn't say enough good things about your bumpers.
[/QUOTE]
Hopefully soon. I’m planning on doing a handful of installs first to make sure everything is 100% dialed before shipping any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom