For Sale ARB Simpson III Rooftop Tent / RTT - like new! Includes FREE roof rack! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
UPDATE 10/8/16: ALL GONE
UPDATE 10/5/16: TENT SOLD ; Rack still available, $200 OBO

------------------

Planning to add a RTT to your build? Want lots of room in your tent? (Bonus if you have an 80 series: Need a roof rack to install it on?)

SF East Bay; specifically Pleasant Hill, CA
Item for sale: ARB Simpson III Rooftop Tent / RTT
Condition: Like new (you'll be impressed)
Asking: TENT SOLD / Rack SOLD
Bonus: trimmed down 80 series Baja Rack roof rack (less gently used)! Need somewhere to mount your tent? I'll throw this in!

**Pick Up Only**

This is a deal on my ARB Simpson III rooftop tent that my girlfriend and I used 3 or 4 times - one trip to Death Valley, one to Bear Valley, and one or two less far afield. I came into a tidy bonus when my company sold and decided to step up to a Maggiolina Extreme after having the tent for less than 4 months, so this has been sitting in my garage on a dolly waiting for my friend to scrape together funds for his build ever since. He's decided to reprioritize and I just got his confirmation that he's no longer planning to do an RTT. His loss is your gain - help me recover my garage space and get a smokin' deal at the same time. Barely used - I treat my gear well; no scratches, scrapes, abrasions, discolorations, holes, or anything at all wrong with it. It's probably got a little windblown dust on it from Death Valley, but nothing I noticed.

It's a bit heavy, so I'd recommend bringing a friend and a pickup truck or uhaul.

Included: Tent, built in ladder, & required mounting hardware
Also included gratis: an anti-condensation mat is installed in the tent, and I have a twin sleeping bag you're welcome to, which I reinserted after our last trip to have ready for the next. I think I left a shoe net hanging under the ladder, too, which if so is yours.

Roof Rack:
I also installed a Prinsu rack recently, so if you have an 80 series cruiser and don't have a roof rack, you are 100% welcome to my old chopped down Baja Rack. It's a Baja Long Rack that I cut the vertical sides off of, leaving the front fairing and flat rack (to host this tent). It's strong, and it will absolutely hold this tent plus 350+ lbs of human adults - it's what I was using for this and later my Maggiolina, and the GF and I had no problem at offroad driving or stationary camping. It predates the tent by several years, and it's a been used a bit less gently so it's a little ugly, but not too bad - $200 OBO

Reply if you're interested, PM's welcome, inspection before commitment 100% expected (I'm usually free evenings and weekends)

LOCAL PICKUP ONLY - You can live in Florida or Maine, or France for all I care, but if you want to buy this, you've got to be willing to come to my driveway to pick it up. It's a bit heavy too, so I'd recommend bringing a friend and a pickup truck or uhaul. No shipping.

Tent and Rack.jpg

Tent getting its dust.JPG

Tent Open.JPG

Tent Open Closer.JPG

Tent and GF.JPG

Last edited:
Oh, and here's pic of the free bonus rack; wiring, lights, awning, and fuel can mount not included. All mounting hardware IS included

Looks like I was mistaken, and I chopped the fairing off. So, no fairing, it's flat(-ish) all around.

Free Rack.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh I wish you were on the other coast. Looks like a great deal that someone will really enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom