ARB signal wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon. I am trying to figure out how I should wire up the turn signals on the ARB bumper using the factory harness.

I have searched most of the 4runner forums, installation instructions, etc and can't find anything. Does anyone have any good write-ups? I am tired of not having signals in the front.

What year 4Runner is this going on? Did you install this bumper yourself?

If it's a 3rd gen and you installed it all you would have to do is cut the wires going to the OE turn signals in the bumper and then splice in the ones coming off the ARB bumper.

If someone else had installed it follow the wiring loom going to the headlight and the side running lights and look for any that have been dead headed.

What year 4Runner is this going on? Did you install this bumper yourself?

If it's a 3rd gen and you installed it all you would have to do is cut the wires going to the OE turn signals in the bumper and then splice in the ones coming off the ARB bumper.

If someone else had installed it follow the wiring loom going to the headlight and the side running lights and look for any that have been dead headed.

Yeah it is a 98 and I did not install the bumper. If there are "dead-headed" wire what do I do?

Yeah it is a 98 and I did not install the bumper. If there are "dead-headed" wire what do I do?

Awh man I hate it when people do stuff like that. They’re so easy to wire up when you’re installing it.

If the wires deadheaded just splice in some new wire and then add some bullet connectors on the ends so you can disconnect them when/if needed.

I'll try to get some harness pics this weekend, might help finding what the p.o. did..:meh:

Well, I looked at the wiring and there are two wires running from the factory harness a white/black stripe green/black stripe. I didn't go much past the core support. The factory wiring is a smaller gauge wire then what is standard with ARB.

Well, I looked at the wiring and there are two wires running from the factory harness a white/black stripe green/black stripe. I didn't go much past the core support. The factory wiring is a smaller gauge wire then what is standard with ARB.

Those might be the ones. I vaguely remember them being striped when I did mine. One of them was a bright color, yellow, green, blue, teal? Something like that.

What bulbs are in your markers? The bulbs that are in this one are PN Sylvania 1129.

Please, i am going to look at it tomorrow as I am off

Did you find them?
Sorry this took so long but here are some pics of locations and what the OEM plug looks like. Both originate from a larger harness and feed through holes in the inner fender. One just in front of the air filter housing and the other in front of the battery. My 2001 looks to be white w/black stripe and green w/yellow stripe.
001.JPG
002.JPG

Did you find them?
Sorry this took so long but here are some pics of locations and what the OEM plug looks like. Both originate from a larger harness and feed through holes in the inner fender. One just in front of the air filter housing and the other in front of the battery. My 2001 looks to be white w/black stripe and green w/yellow stripe.
View attachment 2111278View attachment 2111279

Those look like the exact same wires. I just can't figure it out. I wonder if the wrong bulbs are being used.

Did you check them with a test light?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom