ARB Sahara or Combo - Can't Decide! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched and viewed most of the photos/write-ups on mud, but still can't decide. Other than appearance and a few hundred dollars, is there any difference between the two?

What about:

- fitment on a 00 LX, both will work right? Edit - maybe not, looking at ARB's website, they only list the sahara for the Lexus (but have seen a LX here on mud with a combo???)
- lighting, is there that much of a difference on what you can do?
- weight difference?
- any functional difference?
- both accommodate the same winches, correct?

Appreciate any insight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Share som pics, side by side!

Combo doesn't fit on LX because of the cb arial tabs. Cut em and it fits perfect. Val678, hoser and I all did that. I've got 3 Hella 4000s mounted on my combo and so did Val. I didn't want the sahara because of the lack of upper bar work. I want to be able to hit animals(or zombies) and not bust a light. Plus the combo is more industrial looking, a look I've certainly achieved now.

You're limited on winch size on the Sahara. I prefer the look of the lower portion of the Sahara bar to the Commercial without the fog light inserts. Had I known the later Commercial bar with those inserts could be made to fit on my '99, I would have gone that route. I personally don't like chrome, so were I to have the Sahara bar, I would powdercoat that hoop.

I struggled with this question too - but went with the Sahara since I like a little cleaner look. I color matched powder coated the chrome hoop (along with the bumper) and like the look. But I'm also going to take the hoop off and use the rubber bumbers with no "hoop hole" that I have and see if I like that better. That is actually an option on the Sahara now for the new models.. http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/accessorizeYourRig/toyotaLandCruiser100Lexus470.pdf

I often hit brush and small trees and typically the Sahara offers enough protection - but not like the Bull bar would I'm sure.

Combo doesn't fit on LX because of the cb arial tabs. Cut em and it fits perfect. Val678, hoser and I all did that.

What are cb arial tabs, may I ask? I think I am leaning toward this route. Could you post a current pic of your lighting... don't think I have seen once since you install them.

Thanks

EDIT - never mind on the tab thing - used that search thing and found hoser's very informative thread on his install.

Loud - would appreciate a pic with your lights installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_1870_edit.jpg

and heres val678s truck with the third light mounted with a bracket I sent him.

photo.jpg

Thanks Loud.

One more question, what Hella 4000 lights are you running? I see in your signature you state they are euro + pencil - does this mean you have a mix as I didn't think those patterns could be provided by a single light.

Combo-Bar +1

Here is a bit bigger pic to get a better view, sorry for those of you that have to scroll over, haha

dsc00871cg9.jpg

I had heard (definitely a rumor) that the Sahara was all that they were going to import in the future. So if you want the Combo bar you better secure yours quickly.

well I'll just go OT here, but there are two ways to do it. since you have the winch I dont know if you have the room there but originally I got a 1/4" plate made to go from the two tabs with 3 holes, one centered for the third light. Thats how Vals are mounted. I had them made before I had the bumper but when I got it, the plate moved the lights up too much and they hit the top bar. The one I sent Val worked fine on his though. Thats how its mounted in my picture of my truck in the garage also.

So after that didnt work on mine I got a 2"x2" square tube about 4" long cut with two holes on the bottom to mount to the bumper with the bolts for the winch control module. On the top theres a centered hole for the light, which is how its mounted in my outside picture.

Last edited:
Why 3 lights? Where's the winches? My ARB holds the solenoid box where the third light would go. No way to mount it correctly...although I do like the look.

M8000 is right here. Would have to do a little moving around of the control box, but not an impossible situation. ;)

I really like the look of the threee lights up front.

I saw Gary, Waggoner5's truck that he bought that had the third light in the middle and had to do it. Still have to wire them up, I only put the lights on last week.

So pegasis, which bumper you going to go with?

So pegasis, which bumper you going to go with?

Combo - I like the industrial look too.

I will have to study the three light application with a winch to see if it is possible.

Thanks for all the input.

I really like both looks, 2003+ on Louds with the fogs, and the cleaner look of the 98+ on Vals.
I used to like the look of the Sahara, but these 2 are very nice.

Loud, I am sure you wrote it somewhere, but did you have to modify the 03 for your 00 Lexus?

Thanks, nice comparison thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom