ARB Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In my search for a roof rack for the GX I came across the ARB Steel Roof Rack Basket, which does have a "fit kit" for the Prado 120. Does anyone know if this rack will work on the GX470? I'm not sure if the roof dimensions and mount points are the same as the GX. I contacted ARB but they said they hadn't tried fitting it on a GX470 but they said that it might work.

images.ashx

Front Runner makes one for the GX as well as Ezee Awn. I have the FR and have been pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone
I looked at the Front Runner and the Ezee Awn (actually I think I talked to you on Instagram), I'm more interested in this ARB roof rack though.

If you're ever planning to use a Roof Top Tent, many say the hight of the ARB's rails make it sit up too high above the roof. Also, I have read where many 100 owners have complained about the level of wind noise the ARB makes.

I don't have one, but those are comments I've read from others.......

If you're ever planning to use a Roof Top Tent, many say the hight of the ARB's rails make it sit up too high above the roof. Also, I have read where many 100 owners have complained about the level of wind noise the ARB makes.

I don't have one, but those are comments I've read from others.......

I don't have any plans for an RTT. Thanks for the heads up about the wind noise though!

Sorry to revive an old tread. If anyone has removed their factory rack in favor of an aftermarket one, I'm wondering if you can fill me in with measurements on the mounting points. @JTGX , did you ever install one?

@Scat Adams, thank you for the response. Can you post up some close up pics of the mounting legs on roof. Was 3713010 fit kit was utilized for the installation of the rack?

Cheers

Thank you for the confirmation. One pictured above appears to be 3722010, for 03-09 4Runners.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Scat Adams, post: 10595479, member:

Not sure what ARB part number but this is the Prado 120 fit kit, perfect match for the gx.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scat. This is exactly what I have been looking for. Where did you order from?

Did you guys ever figure out the part number for the GX470 Fit Kit? I just ordered one from 4WP and what I got was a fit kit for the 100 Series LC. I was wondering if you guys ever successfully got a Fit Kit for the Prado120 or if you guys ended up using the 4Runner 3722010 Kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom