ARB rear bumper pic please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
need a pic of a ARB rear bumper on a 60 please

kyle

ARB doesn't make a rear bumper. Kaymar does though, but I don't have a pic of one.

ARB does (or did, maybe not anymore) make a rear bumper, I had one on my 62, I think the rear of the frame is different between the 60s and 62s, so I dunno if they are a universal fit. Here's a pic:

FJ62-2.jpg

It was an OK bumper, but not that great actually. The little wings on the ends were too flimsy, they were too easy to bend into the body, like this:

ARB_Bumper1.jpg

It was also too weak to add a tire carrier. I also found out that access hole to reach the tire winch wouldn't allow the stock 2-piece crank thru, I had to get a long one-piece rod from a mini-truck. Fortunately I found that out in the driveway, not on the side of a dark highway with a flat tire.

I wouldn't buy one, even if they were still available. The Kaymar and others are better and probably cheaper.

fancy that. I'd never even seen one. I said they didn't because ARB imports the Kaymar.

Funny....

I sold a half-dozen of those over the years...

They were a significant improvement over stock, but not something you were going to pound rocks with and expect to keep your truck from getting damaged...

:beer:

For the amount of hardcore abuse that I give my truck, that would actually work pretty well. I really like the design and proportions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom