ARB Rear Bumper Electrical Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!
I recently installed an ARB Modular rear bumper to my 2000 Landcruiser, and other than rust and the welded nuts breaking off the frame, it went smoothly. I wired in all the lights using the loom provided with the bumper, and while at first everything worked perfectly, after driving a few miles I discovered that all the right turn signals were not working. The left ones work perfectly, but the right will not respond. To add to this, my tail lights no longer light up, but my brake lights work when applying the pedal. I replaced the tail light fuses, brake light fuses, and hazard turn signal fuse, but it still did not fix the problem. the turn signal fuze was blown so I replaced it with a 30 instead of a 15, thinking that the additional two turn signal lights added with the bumper were drawing too much power. Any help with my no right turn signal or tail light issues would be very much appreciated. Thanks. Tom.

Last edited:
where did you tie in the bumper lights to the truck?
did you do the work yourself?
are you experienced with auto wiring?
i have to believe the wiring that was done has come somewhat undone and/or grounding out to the frame somewhere. thats what would be blowing a fuse most likely. going from 15 to 30 could nuke the taillight wiring and then you could have a big problem.
instead of upping the fuse size, change the ARB bulbs to LEDs (not a fix, but a general suggestion)

the loom connected via one plug that was at the rear of the car (followed another thread on here to see where to plug in). I did do the work myself and don't have much wiring experience, but since it was just one plug I don't think I could have messed much up. I did replace the bulbs in the bumper with LED ones but this did not change my symptoms. Where on the LC could I check for bad grounds? Thanks.

oh. my PO hacked into the trailer wiring. if no cutting and crimping was involved and you just plugged into the trailer harness, that would need to be thoroughly looked at. connector could be corroded and shorting to itself now. i would be getting out my meter and beeping out all the bumper and trailer wiring for continuity to ground, plugged and unplugged. you might have disturbed the trailer harness enough to now create a short. get a can of contact cleaner from the auto parts store and hose the trailer plug down and blow it out.
if you unplug it, and fuses are good, does everything work?
also check any fuse labeled trailer or towing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom