ARB RD08 in a Full FLoater (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody running an ARB RD08 in a full floating axel? I moved mine from the rear (Semi-floating) to the front. I read somewhere that you can leave out the guts (thrust block & spider block). Now I'm wondering if I should have left this in to help keep the short pinion shaft in place.

Should I go back and put these pieces back in??

Yup

I don't remember what model I have but, I did replace my rear SF for a FF and did take some of the guts out of the ARB. I just don't remember what :doh: I can tell you I've had no problems w/it :grinpimp:

I started out with 2 SF ARBs just in case I break the rear third member, I can swap the front to the back...But now I have a FF axle the back...So I ended up with 2 SF ARBs in 2 FF axles... Works fine...

/td

I'm running an RD08 in the front of my 40. I did that so if and when my rear lockright dies and I can't afford another ARB at the time I can swap the ARB into the back.
Another bonus of having the semifloat ARB in the front is the center block keeps the axles from going into the diff too far. Works like a martack and you don't have to use the axle clips that that go inside the birfield. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom