ARB modular rear license relocation bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes I have searched unsuccessfully.

New to me 100 series with the ARB modular rear, has tire swing out on left.

My problem is I need to add the license relocation bracket as my plate is partially obscured and that's a big deal around here apparently.

Not sure I have all of the pieces from the PO. Does anyone have a thread or video on putting it together, mounting, wiring etc.? seems like there is a wiring loom with quick connect in the box of stuff that came with the vehicle, but it very possibly could be from something else. If it is for the relocator where does it connect to?

Alternatively if I purchase the jerry can swing out for the other side does a license relocation bracket come with it?

@cruiseroutfit

^^bought a truck with the full ARB rear and jerry can holder. came with the license plate holder and light. but the holes are AU/euro spec so i made an adapter bracket. i think mine also came with a bracket for the tire side that slides into the square receiver. not sure where it got tied into electrically but im sure its the same wires that feed the lights on the hatch

^^bought a truck with the full ARB rear and jerry can holder. came with the license plate holder and light. but the holes are AU/euro spec so i made an adapter bracket. i think mine also came with a bracket for the tire side that slides into the square receiver. not sure where it got tied into electrically but im sure its the same wires that feed the lights on the hatch
Are you able to trace the wiring to the back of the truck? Maybe grab a pic or two?

If it was wired properly, it will be located alongside the part of the loom that connects to the driver side lights. The white connectors connect to the brake/signal lights, the other, longer set of wires (brown/white) connect to the rear license plate - the one you are looking for. This is for a left jerry can/right spare tire carrier setup.

Yes, we can supply the license plate goods with Jerry holder.

Can you get the "centre locator," pn# 3756677? Having a similar issue where I didn't get all the pieces for the ARB rear. I ordered both rear attachments to discover this issue. ARB USA told me it would be at least 5 months to get the part.

Luis

Can you get the "centre locator," pn# 3756677? Having a similar issue where I didn't get all the pieces for the ARB rear. I ordered both rear attachments to discover this issue. ARB USA told me it would be at least 5 months to get the part.

Luis

If your bumper came from us, yes please give us a call or email and we can look up your invoice and spares for said parts. Otherwise I would recommend you work thru your vendor. We offer non-inventory (ie spares and replacement that we don't retail) parts support for our direct customers.

If it was wired properly, it will be located alongside the part of the loom that connects to the driver side lights. The white connectors connect to the brake/signal lights, the other, longer set of wires (brown/white) connect to the rear license plate - the one you are looking for. This is for a left jerry can/right spare tire carrier setup.

View attachment 1969632
Found the brown and white wire tucked up in bumper. Thank you, this was really helpful. Bad news is I only seem to have parts of the bracket no wiring etc for the license plate. Waiting to hear from PO but will likely be buying the kit. Still on the bright side forces me to get the Jerry can holder sooner than later

Luis
I was just told this same thing for my 80 series. I don't have the center locator bracket. I didn't discover this until trying to install a newly purchased swingout. Did you ever get a solution to your issue? ARB told me 2-6 months to get the part. They have been mailing me random hardware but I'm starting to think they don't know what they're doing...

I was just told this same thing for my 80 series. I don't have the center locator bracket. I didn't discover this until trying to install a newly purchased swingout. Did you ever get a solution to your issue? ARB told me 2-6 months to get the part. They have been mailing me random hardware but I'm starting to think they don't know what they're doing...

Where did you purchase the bumper from? Are they able to offer any resolution? To be fair ARB's US tech team has likely never installed one of these bumpers on an 80 and quite possibly not even seen an installed unit. They are a manufacture/wholesaler and rely on their vendors to know the product and installation specific tips, tricks, teqniques and problem solving.

Where did you purchase the bumper from? Are they able to offer any resolution? To be fair ARB's US tech team has likely never installed one of these bumpers on an 80 and quite possibly not even seen an installed unit. They are a manufacture/wholesaler and rely on their vendors to know the product and installation specific tips, tricks, teqniques and problem solving.

Thanks for the reply. I'm in a bad way here because the bumper came on my rig when I bought it. I found this link, showing that a "fitting number plate light" and "fit centre locator" were supposed to be included with the bumper... and are supposed to be utilized when incorporating a swingout. Unfortunately, I don't have either.

Do you have any idea if these parts can be purchased separately? I bought my swingout from Wil at Sierra Expeditions and he is as confused by this stuff as I am.

Thanks for the reply. I'm in a bad way here because the bumper came on my rig when I bought it. I found this link, showing that a "fitting number plate light" and "fit centre locator" were supposed to be included with the bumper... and are supposed to be utilized when incorporating a swingout. Unfortunately, I don't have either.

Do you have any idea if these parts can be purchased separately? I bought my swingout from Wil at Sierra Expeditions and he is as confused by this stuff as I am.

They can definitely be purchased separately as I know we have ordered them, however I doubt ARB USA has stock on them in the US hence the "2-6 month" timeline you're being given. You're retailer would either need to pull one out of another bumper kit for you, make one, or find someone with one in stock. Unfortunately we can only offer non-inventory (ie spares and replacement that we don't retail) parts support for our direct customers. Fwiw we've sold/installed dozens of the 8x ARB rear bumpers, fortunately I can't say we've ever had one arrive without those parts in the kit. Have you contacted the previous owner to see if he/she perhaps has them sitting on their workbench?

They can definitely be purchased separately as I know we have ordered them, however I doubt ARB USA has stock on them in the US hence the "2-6 month" timeline you're being given. You're retailer would either need to pull one out of another bumper kit for you, make one, or find someone with one in stock. Unfortunately we can only offer non-inventory (ie spares and replacement that we don't retail) parts support for our direct customers. Fwiw we've sold/installed dozens of the 8x ARB rear bumpers, fortunately I can't say we've ever had one arrive without those parts in the kit. Have you contacted the previous owner to see if he/she perhaps has them sitting on their workbench?

Thanks for the reply. It's great that you offer non-inventory spares to your direct customers... that's real customer service. My rig is a bit of red headed stepchild... and I don't know who installed the rear bumper on it. (I suspect it was installed 2 owners ago in Alaska... before the diesel swap) At this point, I think I'll just take your advice and make the part at a friend's house. I'm tight on time but I bet I can get it done before the real part arrives.

Also, I'd like to mention that I really appreciate that ARB is even trying to get me the part. That company has given me the best customer service of any manufacturer I've ever contacted. (I just wish their U.S. representatives were a little more knowledgeable at times) Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions. I am already a customer of yours but your posts like this ensure that I will be coming back to you for years to come.

If your bumper came from us, yes please give us a call or email and we can look up your invoice and spares for said parts. Otherwise I would recommend you work thru your vendor. We offer non-inventory (ie spares and replacement that we don't retail) parts support for our direct customers.
On these arb rear bumpers with swing outs and Jerry can……. Do you guys turn off/disconnect the stock license plate lights where only the arb relo one is shining or does everyone just keep them shining down??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom