ARB Lockers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a set, front and rear.

I will be installing them in some 4.11 thirds from a 62.

Where is the best place to get them? Best deals, etc.

Also, any other compressors used? I can get a sweet one from costco for $50.

Have any of you installed them yourself?

Any tips?
Thanks,
Jason

Last edited:
I put in some 4.11s from a 62 as well. I bought the locker and the compressor from Cruiseroutfitters. I ended up sending Kurt the whole third member and letting him handle the setup. I had it completely rebuilt since it was used and I didn't know the history. Even with the shipping, it was cheaper than having it done locally.

There's nothing special about the ARB compressor, run whatever you want. You may have to do a little wiring, but that's about it.

Theres a small and a large compressor. Get the large. The small tends to burn out with any alternative uses (ie: airing up).

Kurt all the way..

The thing that kills most ARB's is the setup. A good quality setup will last a long time. A poor setup will have you chasing gremlins for along time.

If you are not very familar with setting up gears, then have someone else do it. Your sanity will thank me :)

What is the difference between RD08 and RD124 except 100 bucks?
Older model or what. Any improvements worth paying for?

From what I remember, RD08 is the old PN for semifloating applications. RD 124 is the newer part #.

Front FF applications use PN RD033 (old PN = RD02)

I believe that the SF application can be used in a FF application as well tho..

Kurt would know better tho.

I believe that the SF application can be used in a FF application as well tho..
Kurt would know better tho.

That's exactly what he told me last night when I was ordering my setup from him. Great guy to work with and very friendly and knowledgable. Get it from Kurt, you can't go wrong. :cheers:

Ive had four rigs with dual ARB's. I live in the Seattle area so Ive had ARB themselves do some of the work (Unofficially) for me. I like having a stand alone compressor for the ARB's so that incase anything happens to my air system I still have the lockers. That little ARB compressor is pretty reliable.... Does its job well.

Last edited:
So two RD08s will work? I found them for 720 each. Any one know where to get them cheaper? Thanks,

Jason

JayMilla,

I sent you a PM.

Dan

Told ya :flipoff2:

Likes, they are exactly like a open diff when not locked. And when locked they are exactly like a spool. They aer stupid strong

Dislikes: Lots of little things to go wrong (why I like a competent person installing them) Cost more than an autolocker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom