ARB Lockers, are they worth it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I was getting ready to order ARB lockers however it seems as if every other post I read on them its from people having issues with them not working. Mainly diff fluid getting in the air line, is this an old problem that has been resolved? I am building my truck to be a semi- hard core crawler yet still be streetable for the winters.

I loved mine in my Tundra. The are the industry standard for selectable lockers.

I have an ARB in the back of the 4Runner. Love it, except for the noise of the compressor.

I have a lunchbox locker in the FJ40. Hate it. Wish I had installed an ARB.

If it’s a DD that drive to trails but still like to push the envelope then it might be worth it.

I don’t ever want another autolocker on the street - not because it was that bad. But now that I’ve had selectables going back to an autolocker just ain’t happenin’.

Only you can answer the question of worth.

My first real trip with ARB's was last week. Previously I've done these trips with a Detroit or a Detroit & a Lock-rite up front. Driving with the ARB's was transformative. No way I would go back to an auto-locker. I would have to be back to my college days budget to even consider it and even then it would be "top ramen for three months and ARB, or eat normal and a Detroit? I guess it'll be Ramen!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom