1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARB Locker Installation

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Riad, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Riad

Riad

Who does good installation for ARB in DC,VA,MD area? Iron Pig offroad is way out there for me. I wish there were more shops around here close to Fairfax or MD

2. cruiseroutfit

cruiseroutfit Supporting Vendor Moderator

Call ARB in Seattle and see whom they might be able to refer you to...

206-264-1669

3. Junk

Junk

I wouldn't send you there anyway.

Find a good local heep 4x4 shop.

4. Riad

Riad

there's none around here. The closest one is about 2 hours away from me. I am wodering, is it really worth going through all the hassle of setting up appointment with a shop that is 2 hours away + leave my truck with them for may be a week be cause most shops seem like they are always booked for some reason (yes I could always take out the 3rds myself and take'em there) + pay $2500.00 for lbor and the lockers + depend on wife's truck for that period pf time + drive back and forth 4 hours to pick up the truck the following weekend once they're done? Or just get a pair of new 3rd members ordered from ring and pinion for couple hundred more?

5. cruiserhead

cruiserhead

I called Randy`s Ring and Pinion yesterday and got a price of $1338 for a complete 3rd member with ARB installed.The ARB itself is $705,r/p$173.76,bearing kit $125.I might just get the ARB and bearing kit and show Junk how to set up gears.

6. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:

Could be that they do good work, and have a good customer base....

I know, it sounds so crazy....

:rolleyes:

7. Riad

Riad

Yeah that could be. If I was living close to them I would go there in a flash :)

8. cruiseroutfit

cruiseroutfit Supporting Vendor Moderator

I know a cheaper place ;)

9. Riad

Riad

Found couple people nearby after much poking around. None of'em did any Birf job or that much familiar with the birf axle; however, all of these guys did lots of ARB locker installation, axle rebuilding, gearing etc. in other axles: D60, 44 etc. The guy I am thinking of is ASE certified and all that. Is there any thing I should tell the guy if I decide to go with him? Ofcourse I will give him the FSM and look over his shoulder while he is in the process of taking off the birf and etc.

I am a firm believer of "You get what you pay for". So I try my best to avoid the idea of having cheaper stuff when it comes to my truck, sorry bad experience. Ring and pinion is my last option. I have talked to them as well. But I am little skeptial about going after market with 3rd members, don't know enough about the differences between a after market and factory 3rd member. Can any one point that out to me? the differences? Is it just the name brand (toyota) issue or some thing else?

Thanks

10. reffug

reffug

Let me know I might come supervise that clustermuck. :eek:

11. alia176

alia176

Albums:
    If you have the space and desire, remove the 3rd member, stick in a 5 gallon pail from Home Depot and send it to one of the supporting vendor on this board. Do one at a time so that you can still drive your vehicle with CDL locked.