ARB line upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
Anyone have pictures or a new style lines for ARB pumps, just updating some brittle old lines on a customers vehicle.

Do you run hard line down the frame for rear lines or just the flexy stuff?

Rob

I bought some stuff from Parker hose....I also bought the press fittings and some air only switches from 12 volt guy on Pirate...but have been looking for the switches for the last 2 days since I am finaly getting close to the instal time and can't find them F$%^......

Wonder if the braided steel lines are worth the money from ARB?

Rob

Not from ARB.

They can be purchased from any sandrail store for cheaper.

I would only run Brainded stainless lines to an ARB. It greatly reduces the chances of failure..

Mace said:
Not from ARB.

They can be purchased from any sandrail store for cheaper.

I would only run Brainded stainless lines to an ARB. It greatly reduces the chances of failure..

You guys have to understand the philosophy behind the system.. The weakest link is what's designed to break. It also happens to be the cheapest and easiest to FIX! The blue line breaks and you can replace it in minutes. If any of the brass fittings breaks you can be screwed! You have the flexx spring coming out of the brass unit where the blue air line enters. The blue line is the weakest link in the system. If the line is so strong that the brass fitting area takes damage YOURE FAWKED! Ive broken and replaced (with spares) blue air line in ten minutes. If you damage any of the brass that is screwed into the tapped axle housing your DONE!

Think about it. Those Australians arent stupid! The systeme works!

TB

PS, Rob hurry up and get to my truck ya bubba you!!!:D :crybaby: :D :crybaby: :D :crybaby:

I am not trying to reivent the wheel here I am just trying to get rid of my weak link...the electrics in the sytem...I am going completly with air....no electricity to deal with...

HZJ60 Guy said:
You guys have to understand the philosophy behind the system.. The weakest link is what's designed to break. It also happens to be the cheapest and easiest to FIX! The blue line breaks and you can replace it in minutes. If any of the brass fittings breaks you can be screwed! You have the flexx spring coming out of the brass unit where the blue air line enters. The blue line is the weakest link in the system. If the line is so strong that the brass fitting area takes damage YOURE FAWKED! Ive broken and replaced (with spares) blue air line in ten minutes. If you damage any of the brass that is screwed into the tapped axle housing your DONE!

Think about it. Those Australians arent stupid! The systeme works!

TB

PS, Rob hurry up and get to my truck ya bubba you!!!:D :crybaby: :D :crybaby: :D :crybaby:
I completely disagree with designing in a weak link.

I believe that theory is fundamentally fawked :flipoff2:

:D

Mace said:
I completely disagree with designing in a weak link.

I believe that theory is fundamentally fawked :flipoff2:

:D

And the last time you had your ARB line tear out on you was?

And the last time you had to repair that torn line in the field was?

And the last time you had to TRY and figure out how to repair that brass fitting was?

Hmm.

I do not run ARB's because of the potential failures..

Now you want a list of how many times I have to replace that little blue line on the trail on others rigs?

I can do that.

I have repaired three seperate lines that decayed over a 2 year time period. Most were due to the line being run a bit too close to the exhaust (or bent that way over time)
Twice I have seen the lines ripped from the housing due to driving through soupy mud.

I have never had to reapair a brass fitting that was not improperly put together the first time.

I have never seen a stainless fitting and braided stainless air line fail (tho I have seen one or two stainless braided brake lines fail) on an ARB.

And when was the last time you wheeled your 60???
:flipoff2:

I havent had my 60 in my possesion long enough to wheel her. But Ive installed dual ARB's in four rigs and have wheeled them hundreds of times from here in Washington to Fordyce Creek to the Rubicon To Moab. There isnt much in the way of mud in these here parts. Ive never been much for it anyways.

No offense, just looking for your ARB experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom