ARB Hi Lift Mount? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Hey Guys

I seen a 80 with the ARB bullbar that had a hi-lift mounted to the upper bar area via the top light holes. I cant find anything on it with a search. Anyone know anything about this? Is it a product for sale or a home brew?

The front top seems like a nice out of the way place to mount it.

Thanks

my guess is they just ran bolts through the highlift and through the holes on top? what else do you need?

mike

lx450landcruiser said:
my guess is they just ran bolts through the highlift and through the holes on top? what else do you need?

mike

Good Point, i will look at this further and get my hands on a hilift, it did look like a fairly simple mount!

Simple = Good!

On a side note, your avatar is awesome!

Home grown on mine.
used 5" stainless bolts and 3 nuts and 2 washers per side.
thread bolt throught he hole, thread on nut then washer then jack then washer then nut.
use Fender washers and I beleive 1/2" bolts on the holes, I had picked up some 5/8th in bolts but they were too large for the holes in the jack. 1/2" is ppretty snug.
Do not tighten the bolts down all the way prio to threading hte jack on as it is not a perfect fit as far as spacing with the ARB holes.
Dave

Mangler, after reading a good portion of your 80 posts, it would be appreciated if you would spend some time bonding with the search button.

I have heard to use the ARB CB antenna mounts and then run a bolt through them and wingnut to clamp down the hilift. To mount mine I simply used some long bolts through the top holes that are designed to hold the ARB license plate bracket on the winch bar. Then threaded a flat lock nut to hold the bolt in. Bent a piece of flat stock to hug the hilift then tightened it all down with a wing nut. I do not know if you have these holes on your non winch version. I use this because I am too cheap to buy the CB antenna mounts. This mount costs about $5 at the hardware store. Sorry for the bad pic but you can get an idea with this. Plus I can easily remove it for daily driving.

Junk said:
Mangler, after reading a good portion of your 80 posts, it would be appreciated if you would spend some time bonding with the search button.

Thanks Junk, quite a few people say that and i understand, but 9 times out of 10, i do a search first. When i tried this, nothing came up except for "Which Bumper to Buy and Where to buy it" type of stuff. Check it out. I tried to PM ya but your box is full

Last edited:
mooker82 said:
I have heard to use the ARB CB antenna mounts and then run a bolt through them and wingnut to clamp down the hilift. To mount mine I simply used some long bolts through the top holes that are designed to hold the ARB license plate bracket on the winch bar. Then threaded a flat lock nut to hold the bolt in. Bent a piece of flat stock to hug the hilift then tightened it all down with a wing nut. I do not know if you have these holes on your non winch version. I use this because I am too cheap to buy the CB antenna mounts. This mount costs about $5 at the hardware store. Sorry for the bad pic but you can get an idea with this. Plus I can easily remove it for daily driving.

Looks good! I got the non winch version though! :)

Look here

pic quality is kinda bad though...I'll look for a better pic.

Here's a better pic dclee (Derek Lee) with his ARB/jackmount. Check the previous link for info on the CB mounts he uses to mount the jack on the ARB.
036-Derek Lee takes the LS bypass (Small).JPG

NorCalDoug said:
Here's a better pic dclee (Derek Lee) with his ARB/jackmount. Check the previous link for info on the CB mounts he uses to mount the jack on the ARB.

Thanks, that is exactly what i want to do!

Any problems with Dept of transport or their counterpart and local law enforcers with having sharp objects like a jack on top or in front of the bull bar.

Boston Mangler said:
Thanks Junk, quite a few people say that and i understand, but 9 times out of 10, i do a search first. When i tried this, nothing came up except for "Which Bumper to Buy and Where to buy it" type of stuff. Check it out. I tried to PM ya but your box is full

I suggest going to "Advanced Search" and clicking the drop down menu under keywords and selecting "Search Titles Only"...you will get fewer, better results.

Just my $.02...

TX_TLC said:
I suggest going to "Advanced Search" and clicking the drop down menu under keywords and selecting "Search Titles Only"...you will get fewer, better results.

Just my $.02...

Cool

Thanks

Aussie cruiser said:
Any problems with Dept of transport or their counterpart and local law enforcers with having sharp objects like a jack on top or in front of the bull bar.

It would only be installed to, from and during a trail ride and would come off for daily driving or trips that wont see dirt

Boston Mangler said:
Looks good! I got the non winch version though! :)

That and the Republic of Kalifornia requires a front license plate by law.....not that everybody follows it. :D

Aussie cruiser said:

Don't think there's any such law here. Most people in the States don't even know what a bullbar is. They're more likely to get you on height of the bumper being too high than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom