ARB frt bumper - B.C. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Posting this here because this forum is full of Canadian JDM owners. I'm looking for the best place in B.C. (preferably lower mainland) to buy an ARB front bumper. I know of Cap It and Sport Truck / North Shore offroad. Anywhere else? I also tacked this question on the end of a US oriented thread asking the same question for the US but I'm not sure if I'll get any answers on that thread.

Try Marko at Outback.

Johnny

Try these guys.

http://www.westernwarehouse.net/

Going to move this to thew jdm section, where there is also lots of Canadian JDM owners. BUT I will leave the redirect here. So it will still get traffic. Cheers

Try Dave at TLC Offroad in Burnaby, I think he opperates as Bold Creek Outfitters now.. 604-299-5600

Ok did some calling. Western Warehouse just referred me to retail outfits. Best I've done so far is 974 from Sport Truck Unlimited. Seems pretty high compared to US prices.

Just wanted to let you know that's before taxes. Good to hear that's a decent price. Of course, it could have been a misquote. I'll let you know. I also called Dave Romaniuk; he's now out of the business and has handed it off to another. Pathetic as it is, I have nowhere to work, so I'm leaning heavily towards Sport truck because they can do the install and dispose of my POS tube bumper.

If you have any work done at Sport Trucks, make sure that it's done by someone who actually knows what they're doing. They have some very good people working there, but they also have inexperienced shop monkeys who don't. My brother in law dropped well over $9k there for them to complete the SAS (D60) and lift that he had started on his Chev 1500. Discovered that they had forgotten to install an axle seal when we saw tons of gear lube pissing out of his front axle while wheeling, a front wheel wasn't torqued and came off on the freeway and he now has a bent front axle, yadda yadda.

Lots of people like Sport trucks because with NSOR they seem to be one of the few specialized places around with a good selection of product lines...and I am NOT saying that you souldn't take your truck there...just know who's working on it, that's all. Good luck.

BTW...there's a guy in there who owns a pretty cool built 80. You may have seen it.

Yeah I've seen the 80. Thanks very much for the heads up on some of their mechanics.

As a followup to your warning about certain mechanics, Nick mentioned to me that the Arb in its box will fit inside my truck. Problem solved. How difficult are these bumpers to install? What is involved? I don't have anywhere to work, really, but I could find a place to do it myself if it's fairly straight forward. Nick, you installed one yourself, right?

ARB for the LJ78?

Hi all,
I'm new to the Cruiser community. I have a question: does ARB or any other like manufacturer make front and rear bumpers/bull bars for the LJ78?:cheers:

Welcome Noswals, Hope you enjoy your stay.
Good question.
Any answers??

As a followup to your warning about certain mechanics, Nick mentioned to me that the Arb in its box will fit inside my truck. Problem solved. How difficult are these bumpers to install? What is involved? I don't have anywhere to work, really, but I could find a place to do it myself if it's fairly straight forward. Nick, you installed one yourself, right?

You may want to ask Nick about his ARB since he's now got his rolled truck back as well as new wheels that I don't think are compatible with the '80 series ARB.
I'm not sure what his plans are for the '80 yet but I did tell him that I've got first dibs on the cable locker axles under his new rig if he rolls that!!

Hello Martin,

Well as charles says, I got my ARB.
Not compatable with my new cruiser, so I will sell it.
Give me a PM. Also got my winch if your interested in that.
We can figure something out.

Cheers,
Nick

Nick, congrats on your new ride!

On your ARB, how bent is it? I'm not too concerned about some minor scrapes but is the bending very noticeable? If so, is it relatively easily repairable? Are you able to send me some pics? I'm still interested. Thanks for getting back to me.

Nick, congrats on your new ride!

On your ARB, how bent is it? I'm not too concerned about some minor scrapes but is the bending very noticeable? If so, is it relatively easily repairable? Are you able to send me some pics? I'm still interested. Thanks for getting back to me.

Nick thinks it's bent but I don't. I was there in the truck when we rolled and I doubt it even touched the ground!
IF it's bent it's not more than a 1/16"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom