ARB front bumpers w/ winch installation

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by 91CSH80, Nov 8, 2005.

1. 91CSH80

91CSH80

hey not sure if this question has been asked before....if it has just point me in the right direction....

anyway.........i dont really know how much power it needs to run a winch and auxillary lighting, but do you need two batteries to run it all, or can you use a optima yellowtop. and is a factory alternator capable of such a task? another thing is about how much does installation with an ARB bumper and a winch with lighting cost?

thanks for the help....i dont know too much on this subject. :eek:

2. beno

beno Gihee Arakawa Moderator Supporting Vendor GOLD Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Sounds like a good search is in order for your questions.... ;)

3. mooker82

mooker82

You can run the stock alternator. I dont know of anyone on here who has an upgraded alternator.

You can also run 1 battery. Opinions on the Optima will vary. Two would be ideal though if you are going to be winching with all the lights on.

ARB with winch mount will be around $850 or $1000 shipped. Winch anywhere from $400-$1000++. Lights $50-as much as you want to spend. Installing the ARB is easy. 2 hours with installing the winch(not including wiring). Lights 1 hour with wiring. Total time around 6 hours if you have a few beers while doing it. Probably run around $500 for a shop to do it.

4. 91CSH80

91CSH80

awesome, thanks for the help! :cheers:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.