Arb front bumper lx 470 compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone. I’ve done some quick research and I have found some conflicting info.

Can this part number fit a 2006 lx. It lists as lc only but I have seen pics and videos of them on an lx.

any idea? I’m assuming it’s due to the grill but the info conflicts.

any true hood issue?
Any airbag issues?

Thank you in advance

2A6AB341-D913-48BD-B0D2-B9B6696FF7E0.png

3413190 is the one you want. You have to cut the upper tabs off, or trim them back at least. Arb says it won't fit as they don't allow any modification of their bumper.
I found a used one for 600 bucks local that’s why I was trying to see if it works. Given that it’s only the tabs up top, any other issue, truly, in terms of safety?
Thanks 🙏

I seem to remember at least one person moving the mounting tabs on the grill back a small amount rather than cut the tabs of the front bumper.

I found a used one for 600 bucks local that’s why I was trying to see if it works. Given that it’s only the tabs up top, any other issue, truly, in terms of safety?
Thanks 🙏
For ARB 3413190, fitment questions re antenna tabs etc have been answered by others in this thread and in link below -- low hanging grille on LX470 may foul tabs when hood is opened (different arrangement to LC100 hood and grille). Be aware of weight -- local ARB people say nett 70 kilograms (144 pounds) after OEM stuff is removed but Amazon USA website quotes 176 pounds (80 kilograms), maybe this is shipping weight with packaging, and Slee USA website says 260 pounds (118 kilograms)!!!!!! Seriously suggest weigh the used bar on bathroom scales so that there are no surprises. In any case, on LX470 weight must countered by torsion bar adjustment, or if vehicle already is heavy, re-indexing torsion bars may be necessary. Recovery points, if required, must bolt through to chassis frame, not just attached to the bar. ARB 3413190 is designed to be SRS(airbag)-compliant, other models and model numbers may not be compliant. Ensure used bar comes with correct mounting brackets -- see pics and explanation at Post #113 and other posts at link:

Thank you. Yes. I’ve seen some threads but I’m not sure about this one in particular. I’m leaning towards not buying the bumper.

Thanks 🙏
Safety wise, No issue with airbags, and the arb mounting system use crash absorbers to protect the frame. The ARB and Ironman 4x4 bumper(The arb is better designed imo) are the only ones i've seen to incorporate a system such as this.

Safety wise, No issue with airbags, and the arb mounting system use crash absorbers to protect the frame. The ARB and Ironman 4x4 bumper(The arb is better designed imo) are the only ones i've seen to incorporate a system such as this

Somebody has given you bad information. Just to be clear -- and as explained previously in detail at Post #116 at ....

.... the ARB mounting arrangement has nothing whatever to do with "protecting the frame".

Somebody has given you bad information. Just to be clear -- and as explained previously in detail at Post #116 at ....

.... the ARB mounting arrangement has nothing whatever to do with "protecting the frame".
Ah. I was mistaken. what you say makes sense. But wouldn't you agree that a secondary result of the "crumple zone" (in addition to assuring the correct deceleration force is transmitted to the vehicle), is that this reduced force could also prevent damage to the frame in the event of a heavier collision?

I put together this wiring map for my 99 470.

1612882976492.png

Shifted the bottom of the grill inward so it would clear the light tabs.

1612883049704.png

1612883120519.png

1612883179707.png

Shifted the bottom of the grill inward so it would clear the light tabs.

^^^^

There ya go!

Smarter than the average bear.

Good solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom