ARB front bumper fitment 60 / 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently got gifted an ARB bumper it came of a 62. I know there's some talk about where or not it might need a spacer for installation.

The part of my mystery is that I'm running the MAF shackle reversal so I'm not sure how much that's going to affect my install...if any.

I took some measurements (click on the pix) can anyone clarify for me if I'll need the spacers and if the Shackle Reversal is going to be a headache for this install.

Oh yeah mines an 84 fj60

Last edited:
Looks like it'll be a pain in the @ss to install, I say send it to me instead. ;)

I don't know about your shackles, but I have a 62 and had no need for spacers when I mounted mine...
Good luck

x2 on no spacers

correct. no spacers needed for the 62

I think he will need spacers, because it came from a 62 and it's going on his 60. The spacers go on top of the bumper brackets (at the top of the 6-7/16" dimension in the pic). At least that is where they go on the new style ARBs. I have a set I didn't use from my ARB install I'll send you if you want to pay the shipping, or you can probably make them from small cuts of thick-wall tubing.

I think he will need spacers, because it came from a 62 and it's going on his 60. The spacers go on top of the bumper brackets (at the top of the 6-7/16" dimension in the pic). At least that is where they go on the new style ARBs. I have a set I didn't use from my ARB install I'll send you if you want to pay the shipping, or you can probably make them from small cuts of thick-wall tubing.

I appreciate the offer, I'll let you know over the weekend, if you're in no rush to get rid of them?

In the mean time, any chance you could give me the dimensions of those spacers?

Thanks!

Go to your local OSH and get a bag full of washers...

I'm running an ARB off an FJ62 on my 84 FJ60. You will need 2 spacers for the install but they are super simple to make. I cut them out of a steel pipe-roughly 1 inch pipe x 3/4 inch long. Takes 2 minutes. You also need to redrill the hole in the frame ear. Even without the spacers you can install the bumper

I think the SR will interfere with the lower part of the bumper frame mount. Send a PM to CaliCruiser who has exactly this set up on his FJ60 and he can tell you if there is interference. I know he wants to get rid of his shackle reversal.

If you are not comfortable with this, I can give that bumper a good home on my FJ62. I much prefer the older style ARB over the new one.

Mine fit on my 62 without spacers. I also have a SR. I just used a sawzall to make it fit. I cut off two small squares. You will see it when you mock it up.

I appreciate the offer, I'll let you know over the weekend, if you're in no rush to get rid of them?

In the mean time, any chance you could give me the dimensions of those spacers?

Thanks!

no rush, they're just sitting in a box in the garage. They call them "25mm spacers" but the specs they give are 24mm tall, 32mm in diameter with a 14mm wall, according to the install manual.

Well it did need some trimming on the bottom, I can only use one of two holes from the inner bottom mount, but it's gonna work.

I'll post some pix over the weekend.

VTCruiser - I'll pm you my address and I'll take you up on those spacers.

Thanks.

Well it did need some trimming on the bottom, I can only use one of two holes from the inner bottom mount, but it's gonna work.

I'll post some pix over the weekend.

VTCruiser - I'll pm you my address and I'll take you up on those spacers.

Thanks.

I sent them yesterday and shipping was only $5 so don't worry about it.

You'll need spacers...

I just finished installing the same on my '85 and you'll need two spacers for the two upper outermost bolts. You have the "old style" ARB, by the way. I don't remember dimensions offhand, but these are tubes with 0.5" ID and about 1" long which get compressed between the ARB flange and the outer top of the "C" channel riveted to the main frame.

When I installed mine, it fit OK but looked stuck out from the front of the body (inside of top ARB center tube to the front center of hood was almost 6"). I decided to move it closer and proceeded to cut and redrill. Big PITA, but it's now 1.375" closer and I think looks better. Good luck with your install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom