ARB Fridge wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm installing a 47litre ARB fridge in my truck. I notice that ARB says to shut the fridge off before turning off the engine, and have the fridge off before starting. I know I will forget to do this several times in the future. Is there potential for damage to the fridge? Work around by having a switch for fridge power in a more convenient place? Fridge will be running off a deep cycle auxiliary battery.

I can think of some reasons why they would say to turn off the fridge before starting, low voltage on the main battery and all. Less so the other way around, though. But anyway it's probably a moot point if you are using a second battery that is reasonably well charged. I would not worry about it myself. Of course, ARB knows best, but this could be another case of lawyers' overreach.

That's just me reading the fridge manual. It says that. Knowing me I will have the fridge on, truck running, and stop for gas. There is no way I will shut down the fridge, get fuel, restart the truck, and then restart the fridge. There is a fuse on the fridge circuit and another in the fridge itself if I'm not mistaken. I don't think it will even notice the start/stop of the truck engine. Just curious if anyone else has run into problems with this. It's my first fridge, and I don't want to screw it up. My only other fridge experience was in Africa, where we killed the start battery once by running the fridge all night. Any fridge tips are welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom